View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 19:15   #5
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Issue re: Nintendo Wi-Fi USB dongle and Virgin Media connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl8472 View Post
I tried turning the ICS on, and now it takes longer to disconnect, just saying that it can't actually assign an IP address. It's a different error code at least but I'm not entirely sure if it's a step forward or a step back. I noticed you mentioned you used one of these Peter, how did you get it working?
When I installed the wi-fi adapter application from the bundled CD it configured and enabled ICS so in theory it was just a case of attempting a connection from the DS then allowing the console to connect via the wi-fi adapter application - I assume you have already done this step?

The problem I experienced was due to the fact that Zonealarm Pro firewall was blocking DNS requests issued by the DS. I don't think this is relevant in your case as you have stated that you're using Windows firewall which you have disabled. Do you have another firewall application running on your PC?

Also, here is a link which you may find useful

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...sp#need_to_use
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote