Thread: My NAS isn't
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2007, 21:59   #1
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
My NAS isn't

I'm having trouble with my NAS (network attached storage) in the fact its not being very Network storage like at the moment.

Its an MRT communications dual HDD NAS (bought from svp) it was working fine till today where its been locking up every time I try and send more than a few hundred MB at it..

So far i've tried.

1) rebooting it (several times)
2) Reload firmware via FW upgrade option.
3) Reset factory deafults
4) switch the HDD's from RAID0 to 2 seaperate standalone sata drives (which of course formatted them in the processes)

It will sit there quite happily as long as I don't ask it to do anything as soon as I try reading/writing more than a few hundred MB the thing will fall over, I lose all ability to communicate with the device its inbuilt FTP and Samba all fall over the webinterface will not respond it needs a hard power off and then power back on to get it to go again.

Should I consider RMAing the thing its only about 2 weeks old

Did wander if its the swtich its connected to but resetting that doesn't seem to help, besides the PC goes though the switch to get the internet.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote