Thread: UK Timeline [Merged] Ashes to Ashes
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 16:05   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Ashes To Ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
The point is that the ending is open to whatever interpretation the viewer cares to put to it.Those are always the best endings in my opinion.

That was the reason why I loved the end of The Prisoner...I didn't need anyone to explain it to me because I could put my own interpretation as to what had happened.
It's open if you choose to believe it is. But the fact is, Matthew Graham, the lead writer and co-creator, has gone on the record to say what the final scene is meant to show:

Quote:
“The truth is, when I wrote it, what I was trying to say is that’s he’s died, and that for however long that last second of life is going to be, it will stretch out for an age, as an eternity for him. And so when he drives off in that car, he’s really driving off into the afterlife.”
From: http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.c...e_answers.html
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote