View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:01   #27
UnReaL
Inactive

UnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really nice
Re: Sky here i come for TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
How did u manage that??? That is what I am waiting for!!!
You get an "A Grade" Sky + Box, which is refurbished and very buggy, if left on for a couple of hours not doing anything in stand by mode, it freezes and you have to switch off the Box and put it on again, it takes around 6 minutes (less if your really, really lucky) to "warm up" and if its on the green light and showing any particular channel for a while, it again freezes up and requires a restart.

The recording is great, watching one channel and recording another, or recording two at the same time, but then you can only watch only one of the two channels that are being recorded (hence the change of two LNB (Sky Multiroom, to four LNB for Sky +).

The Box itself looks new, its packaged like its never been used before, until you read the small print.

I forgot to mention that the reaction time for the Sky + Box to pick up a signal from the Remote Control is off by a mile, probably because of buggy software, or maybe because its refurbished, because used boxes tend to slow down after a while.

Two Pictures of my Sky + included..

A post from a different thread, this is the deal I got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnReaL View Post
I had a phone call from Sky today at about 1:30pm, I was given an offer of a free Sky+ box with £25 credit added to my Account.

So basically I got the following:

1. Free Sky+ box w/ £25 credit added to Account.
2. No minimum contract (so contract free, can cancel anytime and will be able to keep the Sky + box).
2. 1st month free.
3. 2nd month = £5.xx plus an added 10% discount.

I can basically pay the £5.xx for the 2nd month, cancel 30 days before next month and still keep box, paying for just the 2nd month. This is a bargain without a doubt.

Before anyone says anything, I know that you cannot record programmes without a subscription, but I have no problem with that, given that I'm only paying £5.xx for a "spare" box incase my other Multiroom box messes up on me (out of contract box).
----------

I've also remembered, has anyone received a promotional letter by Sky yesterday?

It comes in the shape a 50 pence piece, you'll see that inside it clearly says in the small print that you receive a refurbished Sky + box:

Quote:
**An A Grade Sky+ box is a refurbished Sky+ box and is provided "as new". This means that the equipment has previously been used and has been refurbished by the manufacturer or its authorised agent.
UnReaL is offline   Reply With Quote