Thread: Wii longevity
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:03   #37
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Wii longevity

@ Logan -

Yeah, Heatseeker doesn't look too bad.

Couldn't find any official component cables in stock, so got 3rd party. Can't remember the brand, but wasn't Mad Catz. Seem pretty decent, so far. Certainly better than the godawful composite cable.

@ Gareth -

Lego Batman? Cool

Star Wars Lego was great.

------------------------

So, my Wii came on Monday 2nd April. [same day my 360 was returned by MS ]

Sent by Amazon by "Standard 1st Class Delivery" (which turned out to actually be Parcelforce 24) - pretty good, seeing as it was ordered the night of Friday 30th March.

I ordered various accessories (component cable, a 2nd Wiimote, a classic controller, SD card, Wii points card) separately to the console [didn't want to waste valuable time adding them to the basket when I ordered the Wii itself, or it may have been sold out by the time I got to the checkout]. Had them sent by "Express Delivery - next business day", to make sure I didn't end up getting them later than I got the Wii itself. But, of course, that actually made it take longer, as they didn't get shipped (via RM Special Delivery) 'till Monday & so arrived on Tuesday.

Had a play on Wii Sports - great fun!

Love the tennis, & the bowling is good fun. Haven't tried the golf or boxing yet. Have tried the baseball - thought it was pretty crap (well, it is baseball!).

Have since bought & downloaded Super Mario Bros (NES), Super Mario World (SNES), Mario 64 (N64), Mario Kart 64 (N64), & Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64) for the Virtual Console via the Wii Shopping Channel. Considering getting Donkey Kong Country & Super Probotector, & maybe also Sonic.

Ally has actually played on it!

And enjoyed it!

And wants to play on it again!

"Show me the Wii!", "Let's play tennis!", "Ooh, bowling!", etc. Never had anything like that with the 360, lol.

I've now added Zelda: Twilight Princess to my small collection of Wii games, thanks to Gareth's heads up about Argos selling it for half price.

The next Wii game I'm considering is SSX Blur (had a very good review in gamesTM), & perhaps also Excite Truck, & maybe The Godfather.

And then a long wait for Super Paper Mario (already out in US/Japan, usual long NOE delay for us.........), Mario Galaxy, & Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Mario Strikers looks pretty good...

The Virtual Console is great. I wish Microsoft gave the XBL Arcade as many regular releases as the VC gets. Although it's a pity there's no demo feature.

The News, Forecast, & Everybody Votes channels are interesting, yet ultimately pointless, for me at least. I haven't tried the "Internet Channel" yet, but, well, I've got a PC, so why bother.

I think I'll hunt down some old GameCube games too, & a Cube controller (preferably a Wavebird). Be nice to play Mario Sunshine again, & maybe Mario Kart Double Dash (not the best of the series, but still fun). Resident Evil 4 would also be good, although there is actually a Wii-specific version on the way so I may wait for that.

Anyway, overall, I give the Wii a big
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote