View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 19:37   #15
thepange
Inactive

Services: 4mb B/b, XL tv, V+, Talk Unlimited
thepange is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Just joined up to come on so I can come have a rant as this has just happened to me too!!

I have been with Telewest for 7 years & have never missed one payment. I always thought I had a good credit profile too, so was shocked to say the least when I was declined for this offer yesterday.

Was kind of paranoid that I had been the victim of identity theft or something terrible like that! Experian are doing the 30 day free trial service so I joined up & downloaded my credit file and right enough, squeaky clean report. I do have a mortgage, a car loan, and a couple of credit cards (that have a zero balance), so I do have a credit profile so to speak. I also requested my credit score which turned out to be 999 out of 100! So does that extra one point make all the difference??!!

At first I thought, oh well I'll just not bother chasing this up, but now I am on a mission to find out what they're playing at so I am in the process of writing a letter to the Customer Finance dept for an explanation. I am half expecting it to be an error they made when inputting my details, but I dont want to go thru another check before I find out, as this will look bad on my credit file.

Does anyone know if Experian and Equifax hold the same info on their records? I am loathed to pay Equifax if its going to be the exact same info I have got from Experian.

At the end of the day, this is such a brilliant offer, so I want to take this as far as I can to be accepted for the offer.

I would be interested to know if anyone has indeed been successful with this after being declined, and also any advice anyone can give me!

Thanks
thepange is offline   Reply With Quote