Thread: Wireless help
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2006, 20:11   #38
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: Wireless help

Paul, if I were you I wouldnt go to the route of getting an AP. get a complete new router. works alot better and you dont have to have 3 units plugged into the power socket which can sometimes be a crime in finding.

my advice is get a Linksys router they are normally pretty stable and the card you got in the HP lappy is more then likely a Intel Pro wireless 2200 B/G and those are good.

get a wlan router dont mess with AP's is my opinion.

1 of the main reasons is say you got AP of brand A and router of brand B then you would have to configure the AP in the same IP range of router B and that can be a bit messy.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote