Thread: Network Printer
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2006, 22:17   #30
homealone

Re: Network Printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Assuming it's this one, try the following:

Windows has support for TCP/IP network printing built in as standard. To enable it, do the following.

If the printer is not installed, add it using the "Add printer" wizard.

Click "Ports", then "Add port".

Windows will display a list of available port types. Select "Standard TCP/IP port". Follow the instructions on the wizard that follows. Type the IP address of the printer into the "Printer name or IP address" box. Windows will fill in the port name correctly.

If windows asks you for the kind of network card (note this is the printer server, not your own network card), select "Generic" and click "Next".

You can now select this IP in the Ports dialog box.

Not sure, however, if your printer will work as it is an all in one printer. If it does, I doubt the scanner part will.
bit of a bump, but I got one of those cheap safecom routers with built in printserver, recently & Stu's info was invaluable in getting it working.

the idea was to network a new HP7450 Photosmart printer. However the supplied software didn't appear to work?? - 'wreset.exe' also seemed to knock out my default printer, as well?

Following Stu's advice has, at least got both of my printers working - the challenge now is to see if Mr Gaz can use the new one, too, as well as her default printer

At least I can now print on both printers, myself, thanks Stu