View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 11:52   #483
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Formula One Motor Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
I suspect the real reason Ferrari don't want any part of these ideas is that a level playing field would mean they have no advantage. This is bad for F1.

The problem is that if Ferrari's advantage is not reduced, they will keep winning. If one team keeps winning (any team), it get's boring for the viewer. Fewer viewers = less money for the teams.
I agree but you are taking a long term look at F1. Ferrari are only thinking about themselves. Until Jean Todt goes I don't think anything will change there.

I think this is one of the reasons the GPWC thing will never work. If it ever gets started and Renault suddenly have a car that is 2 seconds a lap quicker then than Ferrari, BMW etc then they will just block any moves to make changes.

Just hope the FIA force Ferrari to sign the same doc the other 9 teams have.