View Single Post
Old 24-08-2004, 17:15   #1518
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: [Merged] - Football talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
If your defence fell apart when Rio wasn't in it and Silvestre was, yet was firm when both were in it, that would suggest that the firmness came from *Rio*, and Silvestre was as rubbish as the rest of them, rather in the same way that we can't keep a clean sheet without Campbell.

Silvestre is crap because he's crap - not that he's always been crap, he was quite good a few seasons ago, particularly going forward, but I can't put my finger on why he looks like Division 1 quality these days. Possibly the aging United midfield has something to do with it.

Incidentally, has any commentor been caught saying something along the lines of 'I expect Crystal Palace will drop into the Coca-Cola next May'? I'd pay good money to watch that.
Er no, as if you would read what I wrote, I said the problem in our defence was caused by Brown being brought back too early from his injury and not being match fit. Once Wes was properly match fit you will have notice that our defence got a lot better towards the end of the season. But I suppose that was Wes carryng Silvestre eh?