View Single Post
Old 25-02-2004, 13:30   #40
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: Monitoring bandwidth behind a router

Nutty is right - it's not as simple as just allowing our bandwidth use table to be publicly accessible - there has to be authentication, legal warnings etc. It's not a small job by any means and unfortunately there are other things with higher priority. I say unfortunately as I'd love to do this as technical challenge.

I'd personally be quite in favour of allowing access to bandwidth monitoring from the line being monitored - i.e. you can see your stats via your modem but not from anywhere else. That would get round the need to authenticate, and is roughly what my ADSL ISP do (look at the RADIUS<>account detail link in that case as the authentication token).
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote