View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 14:32   #8
invalid_session
Inactive

invalid_session is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I love my cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
What the framerate like on Racing Evolution ?
60fps all the way, on all the systems. Force feedback is a must though, so the PS2 version (making of DVD, IIRC) or Gamecube (Pacman Vs.!) version only need apply

It's a little beauty of a game, although some graphics look a little ropey here and there -- I think that's just the multi-format blues though, not any specific console problem. The lighting is fantastic, with some really nice effects, like the brightness as one exits a tunnel. Beautiful skies, decent techno soundtrack and some really clever racing dynamics (smart AI, pressure gauge) make it a nice title for the race fans.

There is also a decent amount to the game too, with about 50% of the game (on hard :p ) being made up of Racing Life (a poor story about some nice looking Ridge Racer-esque bird trying to make it on the track) and the rest in arcade and event omnibus. The later involves all kinds of different tests, such as license-style racing, one-on-one challenges, etc... which all earn reward points to spend on simple (not Gran Turismo kind of depth) upgrades for the cars, or to buy a couple of stock efforts.

Good game, and you also get one of the best multiplayer games ever as a freebie
invalid_session is offline   Reply With Quote