Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

nashville 14-01-2015 17:23

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

We use Premier all the time and this is the first this has happened, Might just stick to Travel Lodge ,

denphone 14-01-2015 17:25

Thankfully every time we have used PI everything has been fine.

SnoopZ 14-01-2015 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35752644)
We use Premier all the time and this is the first this has happened, Might just stick to Travel Lodge ,

Normally you get a full refund if you cancel but not on the Saver bookings which to be fair is understandable.

nashville 14-01-2015 22:55

We know that when we book, it is just unlucky if something else causes us to cancell, I could not fault them ,they are great to stay in,

rhyds 15-01-2015 15:52

A couple of friends of mine had the same trouble. They'd booked hotels and train tickets to follow a band on some random tour dates but the band pulled out.

Hom3r 15-01-2015 21:40

The use of the word "Traditional" when it comes to food.

You see food like Cottage or Shepherds Pie and they have chilli in them. I meean WTF chilli is not a Traditional British food

The other is Traditional Fish & Chips, they should be cooked in beef dripping, NOT any oil.

rhyds 16-01-2015 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35752958)

You see food like Cottage or Shepherds Pie and they have chilli in them.

Stuff like that really annoys me. I can't have chilli (as it makes me unwell), but "food engineers" (you can't really call them chefs or cooks) are adding it to just about everything, ususally to disguise the taste of cheap meat, or possibly to disguise reduced salt levels.

The worst was when my sister put some gherkins with a meal. Turns out they were pickled gherkins with chilli. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Ramrod 16-01-2015 10:10

Staff.......:rolleyes:

MalteseFalcon 16-01-2015 10:14

I too cannot eat chilli, spicy food does not agree with me at all. I suffered last week when I bought a Korma in a supermarket. Korma normally meant to be mild with no spices in it. This one had been loaded with spice and I suffered badly all evening with indigestion, even though I had taken my medication. Gaviscon was luckily on hand to help ease the pain.

I feel like complaining to all these supermarkets and ask why add spice to a dish that is not meant to have spice in it.

dilli-theclaw 16-01-2015 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35753039)
Staff.......:rolleyes:

I'll come and work for you :tu:

heero_yuy 16-01-2015 10:15

Toilet's got blocked. I keep filling the pan to the top with a bucket hoping it'll unblock itself. Don't want to think about the alternative. :erm:

rhyds 16-01-2015 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35753043)
Toilet's got blocked. I keep filling the pan to the top with a bucket hoping it'll unblock itself. Don't want to think about the alternative. :erm:

Might be worth getting hold of the "strong" acid based drain unblocker from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/departments/one-s.../254799_BQ.prd

Just be careful as its pretty nasty stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35753041)
I too cannot eat chilli, spicy food does not agree with me at all. I suffered last week when I bought a Korma in a supermarket. Korma normally meant to be mild with no spices in it. This one had been loaded with spice and I suffered badly all evening with indigestion, even though I had taken my medication. Gaviscon was luckily on hand to help ease the pain.

I feel like complaining to all these supermarkets and ask why add spice to a dish that is not meant to have spice in it.

The only reason I can imagine for the prevalence of chilli is to hide crap ingredients and the reduction of salt in foods.

The only thing currently guaranteed not to have chilli added is breakfast cereal, but that can't last long...

arcimedes 16-01-2015 10:41

Virgin Media's billing system :mad: Just renewed my phone line rental saver. Got various acknowledgements from them, so far so good.

Received new bill from them yesterday. On in is recorded payment by card for Line Rental saver, payment of it AND a payment for the monthly rental :shocked: Phone them up and guy says oh I note we forgot to set the marker to say you've paid it.

Why if the billing system knows you paid does it insist on a separate marker being set?

heero_yuy 16-01-2015 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyds (Post 35753045)
Might be worth getting hold of the "strong" acid based drain unblocker from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/departments/one-s.../254799_BQ.prd

Just be careful as its pretty nasty stuff.

Thanks. If push comes to shove. It's only paper blocking it and only just in the bend so I'm hoping the paper breaks down and dissolves away. It's happened before just not this bad.

rhyds 16-01-2015 13:16

The acid stuff will dssolve paper so should help.