Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Boxing : Hayemaker Ringstar Fight Night - 20th October. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705543)

adzii_nufc 20-10-2017 16:19

Hayemaker Ringstar Fight Night - 20th October.

Probably David Haye's redeeming quality now, bringing free boxing back to the TV.

Live on Dave tonight, the debut of Joe Joyce at Heavyweight, in a fairly questionable battle with Ian Lewinson. Lewinson isn't a great but he's no walk over for Joyce at all :erm:

Michael 'Venon' Page will make his transition from MMA to boxing, unsure why as he's potentially the hottest MMA talent in the world right now and was widely expected to leave Bellator for UFC.

Willy Hutchinson will make his pro debut on the card too.

All in all it's not a bad move for Haye, he's pushing boxers that would make undercards at sky sports to a main card on free TV, thus maximizing their exposure.

Card runs from 21:00-23:00, unsure if there's fights beforehand that aren't televised. Production team is the same guys that put together ITV PPV boxing, they're not great but they're tolerable I guess.

denphone 20-10-2017 16:30

Re: Hayemaker Ringstar Fight Night - 20th October.

Yes l set a reminder for it last week so lets hope for some reasonable action.

Osem 20-10-2017 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35921016)
Probably David Haye's redeeming quality now, bringing free boxing back to the TV.

Live on Dave tonight, the debut of Joe Joyce at Heavyweight, in a fairly questionable battle with Ian Lewinson. Lewinson isn't a great but he's no walk over for Joyce at all :erm:

Michael 'Venon' Page will make his transition from MMA to boxing, unsure why as he's potentially the hottest MMA talent in the world right now and was widely expected to leave Bellator for UFC.

Willy Hutchinson will make his pro debut on the card too.

All in all it's not a bad move for Haye, he's pushing boxers that would make undercards at sky sports to a main card on free TV, thus maximizing their exposure.

Card runs from 21:00-23:00, unsure if there's fights beforehand that aren't televised. Production team is the same guys that put together ITV PPV boxing, they're not great but they're tolerable I guess.

Page isn't leaving MMA, I believe he's doing this for experience.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/1...tional-venture

adzii_nufc 20-10-2017 22:55

Gonna assume there was an undercard before the televised segment. They're already pointing out the potential obstacle of Joyce's debut, high level Amateurs jumping straight to the top is becoming a thing now though, Lomachenko being a recent example. As Haye called it though, without seeing anything other than his amateur background it's very much 50/50

I thought we'd see Michael Page try out at 6 rounds, but 4 seems obvious. Cardio reasons of course. I'd like to have seen him see out his Bellator obligations and move to UFC, he's very much a Jon Jones style.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Can't see how Lewinson doesn't gas if he can't get Joyce out. Yeah, scratch that, he pretty much has. His output is shot.

Yeah the bloke is blowing out of his arse, I've got him massively behind too, corner should just pull it to be fair.

Alright, Page wins against a bum of course but it was still fun to watch.

Joyce beats Lewinson via corner stoppage, yeah they pulled him out as I suggested above, he'd blown out after the first few rounds and was merely a static target moving into the later rounds. Solid performance for Joyce.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Hutchinson's opponent hasn't even shown up here. This is done and dusted to be fair.

Yep, waved off, Dave even managed to make the 23:00 finish with that :D

Kursk 24-10-2017 00:40

Michael Page is mentioned in this thread. Page is just the excuse I need to ask what people think of another Paige...Vanzant :drool:.

Now red-blooded males will appreciate Paige 12-guage Vanzant for her looks but an added bonus is that she's not afraid to get bloodied in the octagon.

Seems that there's a lot of technique she needs to learn but she's had a few wins nonetheless.

What do you think?

adzii_nufc 24-10-2017 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35921592)
Michael Page is mentioned in this thread. Page is just the excuse I need to ask what people think of another Paige...Vanzant :drool:.

Now red-blooded males will appreciate Paige 12-guage Vanzant for her looks but an added bonus is that she's not afraid to get bloodied in the octagon.

Seems that there's a lot of technique she needs to learn but she's had a few wins nonetheless.

What do you think?

Ultimately, probably too much to learn at this level, really should be at a different organization. Yet to face a pure striker, and anyone with more than one discipline has dismantled her. Has years ahead to become a contender but if she doesn't start shifting stuff like her Blue belt up a gear then she'll get left behind pretty quickly.

50/50, could go either way.

If you're like Ronda Rousey and you're happy with one discipline and half assing the others, you're gonna have a bad time. :D

Kursk 24-10-2017 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35921639)
Ultimately, probably too much to learn at this level, really should be at a different organization. Yet to face a pure striker, and anyone with more than one discipline has dismantled her. Has years ahead to become a contender but if she doesn't start shifting stuff like her Blue belt up a gear then she'll get left behind pretty quickly.

50/50, could go either way.

If you're like Ronda Rousey and you're happy with one discipline and half assing the others, you're gonna have a bad time. :D

Yep, fair comment. TBH, I have respect for anyone who has the balls (well, you know what I mean!) to get in and mix it but moving up a weight might be a deciding factor in her career.

Respect to female fighters everywhere. Stay safe!