Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin : Upgrade on Virgin Mobile or move to O2 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711959)

vincerooney 14-06-2023 01:40

Upgrade on Virgin Mobile or move to O2

Howdy all

Right okay currently i'm on virgin mobile. heck of a lot cheaper than o2 which is why i moved over to them 2 years ago. a few weeks later it was announced o2 and virgin mobile were merging. Ironic.

My contract is up in August. With virgin mobile i can get

Iphone 14 Plus £50.38 with free airpods 24 month contract unlimited data.

With o2 69.87 for the same iphone 14 plus 24 month contract unlimited data

o2 have said if i sign up for them i'd be classed as a "new customer" and will get 25% off. not sure if this is true? will be like 52 quid.

it would make sense in a way to sign up to virgin mobile for another 2 years as i get free headphones? what do you think of the pros and cons. will virgin mobile try to stop me as theyre trying to get people across to o2 etc?

Yes i'm an iphone n0nce and wont change haha sorry android people

Paul 14-06-2023 02:22

Re: Upgrade on Virgin Mobile or move to O2

Do you want/need free headphones ?

Mr K 14-06-2023 07:07

Don't you own these iPhones you keep throwing money at eventually? Once you do cancel the contract and just go with a cheap non-contract sim only provider. £5 a month, if that. Or is it essential you always have the latest model?

Itshim 14-06-2023 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36153731)
Don't you own these iPhones you keep throwing money at eventually? Once you do cancel the contract and just go with a cheap non-contract sim only provider. £5 a month, if that. Or is it essential you always have the latest model?

Totally agree with that but clearly most people seem too . Me l can't be bothered to work out how to use it ! anyone waving it around in front of me will be wasting their time:erm: as I couldn't tell .

vincerooney 21-06-2023 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36153728)
Do you want/need free headphones ?

nope not overly. its just technically the cheapest option by a few quid and free gift...any thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36153731)

well i get that and i used to renew once a year haha btw. now i'm 2 years in and i'm going to give my current phone to my mum. so i am getting less geeky with my iphones...

Itshim 21-06-2023 17:55

Personally I prefer to buy a phone and go SIM only ,guess it is dependent on how much cash you have