Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media prices are going up again... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705209)

ianch99 09-08-2017 11:50

Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35911439)
Absolutely they can't offer me any equipment upgrades as I have two V6's and the Hub 3

So it doesn't leave much left already on the full house pack with 200Mbps broadband I won't be taking any thing if it involved the price going up further from the latest hike

I had Full House with 200/12 and Retentions offered me 300/20 and a lower price per month than my current price before the increase.

If you are out of contract then you should get a similar deal ..

Gavin-D 09-08-2017 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35911590)
I had Full House with 200/12 and Retentions offered me 300/20 and a lower price per month than my current price before the increase.

If you are out of contract then you should get a similar deal ..

Started a new contract in March when I upgraded to 2 V6's, Hub 3 and 200Mbps broadband

richard s 10-08-2017 19:52

After ten years I am just going to downsize to the broadband.. they can stuff the rest.

Mr K 10-08-2017 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35911835)
After ten years I am just going to downsize to the broadband.. they can stuff the rest.

I was thinking the other day, 95% of the channels I watch are on Freeview, the other channels are showing mostly repeats of whats been on terrestrial tv or US imported crap. A freeview recorder is as cheap as chips, and adjusts for programmes being delayed and over running - Sky and VM can't do this.

blackthorn 11-08-2017 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35911835)

Thats what Ive decided to do. I rang up yesterday to ask how much 100mb on its own will be. He told me £38 after the new price rise. He tried his best to get me to keep phone and tv, offering me the V6 with no strings attached ( ie no monthly fee) then he told me he would discount the £3.99 rise. I asked him how long for and he said 6 months.
I told him thats what I was fed up with, ringing up every 6 months negotiating a new deal with another 12 months contract !
Meanwhile I rang sky after seeing their variety package was on offer for £25 a month for 18 months. She offered me the next package up, which is the box set bundle for the same price (£25)
I havent got a dish up or I would have gone freesat now, so my plan is, keep the virgin broadband, bin the phone and tv, go with the sky box set for 18 months and when thats ended go freesat

GrimUpNorth 11-08-2017 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthorn (Post 35911919)
Thats what Ive decided to do. I rang up yesterday to ask how much 100mb on its own will be. He told me £38 after the new price rise. He tried his best to get me to keep phone and tv, offering me the V6 with no strings attached ( ie no monthly fee) then he told me he would discount the £3.99 rise. I asked him how long for and he said 6 months.
I told him thats what I was fed up with, ringing up every 6 months negotiating a new deal with another 12 months contract !
Meanwhile I rang sky after seeing their variety package was on offer for £25 a month for 18 months. She offered me the next package up, which is the box set bundle for the same price (£25)
I havent got a dish up or I would have gone freesat now, so my plan is, keep the virgin broadband, bin the phone and tv, go with the sky box set for 18 months and when thats ended go freesat

If it's a Sky Q box you're getting, make sure you tell Sky (when ordering?) that you want a hybrid LNB or when you switch to Freesat you'll not get a signal. Might be wrong but I think Sky should oblige (especially if they want your business).

Cheers

Dave

blackthorn 11-08-2017 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 35911923)
If it's a Sky Q box you're getting, make sure you tell Sky (when ordering?) that you want a hybrid LNB or when you switch to Freesat you'll not get a signal. Might be wrong but I think Sky should oblige (especially if they want your business).

Cheers

Dave

Thanks I didnt know that. I`ve no idea about satellite dishes as I`ve alaways had virgin

Inactive Digital 11-08-2017 17:02

Got my letter today - my 50mb broadband will be apparently increased to 100mb as part of the next round of speed increases, which begin later this year.

Gavin-D 12-08-2017 11:17

Not had a letter yet but you have until the end of September to cancel without charge

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2017/08/11.png

pip08456 12-08-2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35912087)
Not had a letter yet but you have until the end of September to cancel without charge

You have 30 days from notification. That can be by letter or email.

Martin_D 14-08-2017 15:27

Time for me to phone in and renegotiate my contract will post back later.

Full House Bundle
Talk More Anytime
Free Voicemail
Full House TV (XL)
2 x V6 Box
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Promotional offer(s)CR £9.00
Phone line rental total£19.00

package total £82.55

nomadking 14-08-2017 15:48

So can you cancel your current contract(mine ends in November) and start up a new one instead? All with the introductory discounts and offers that come with the new contract?

Gavin-D 14-08-2017 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin_D (Post 35912446)
Time for me to phone in and renegotiate my contract will post back later.

Full House Bundle
Talk More Anytime
Free Voicemail
Full House TV (XL)
2 x V6 Box
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Promotional offer(s)CR £9.00
Phone line rental total£19.00

package total £82.55

Same package as me bar the phone which is the basic weekend one as I never use it

I pay £83.50 with no discounts will be interesting to see what they offer

toady 14-08-2017 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35912450)
So can you cancel your current contract(mine ends in November) and start up a new one instead? All with the introductory discounts and offers that come with the new contract?

Benefits come as being a new customer, not a new contract

denphone 14-08-2017 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by toady (Post 35912453)
Benefits come as being a new customer, not a new contract

So retentions will be the next port of call when ones contract ends.