Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media prices are going up again... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705209)

jb66 05-08-2017 17:35

Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Oscar (Post 35910679)
I think it's going to be Vivid 50 on it's own for me then down the line, I've got all 3 services at the mo on a contract that started back in November last year so this will be a good time to junk the TV and phone (which I don't use, no handset even ...)

One the one hand I'll be paying slightly more a month, but I'll be saving the yearly phone line saver payment ... swings and roundabouts eh?

Bt infinity is probably better than vivif50

Mr K 05-08-2017 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35910917)
My contract finishes near the end of the year for so Virgin and l are likely to be in for some tough talking..

Everybody's contract ends because of this price rise (as long as you act). Suspect some of it is down to BT Sport getting Ashes cricket, which also starts in November. They paid a lot and it's in VMs full package rather than an add on.

Arthurgray50@blu 05-08-2017 21:18

I still say that VM cannot justify the price increase. Yet again VM will be relying on those 'loyal' customers to stay.

If everyone cancelled there contracts. Where would VM be.

Mr K 06-08-2017 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35910953)
I still say that VM cannot justify the price increase. Yet again VM will be relying on those 'loyal' customers to stay.

If everyone cancelled there contracts. Where would VM be.

Apathy always rules Arthur. That's why these companies are so fond of direct debits.

nashville 06-08-2017 13:28

My neighbour is receiving the new V box 6 with no charge for installing and no extra charge monthly, But her son is being offered but has to pay £20 installation fee,

Kabaal 07-08-2017 11:48

Haven't been offered anything decent so far.

£46 for the player bundle on 12 month contract
£48 for the player bundle with 30 day rolling contract
£38 for 100mb on it's own.

So pretty much just the normal non-discounted prices. Also told me i'd have to pay a penalty if I downgraded from a bundle to 100mb on it's own which i've never heard of before.

Hopefully the next person when i call back later will offer something better.

alwaysabear 07-08-2017 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35911185)

So pretty much just the normal non-discounted prices. Also told me i'd have to pay a penalty if I downgraded from a bundle to 100mb on it's own which i've never heard of before.

I found that when I phoned up for a new deal , they were not prepared to discount very much ,just a £5 a month. When I asked if that was the best they could do he offered a one off discount of £20. I cannot complain to much the last deal was full house with Sky movies and sport, plus vivid 200 for £67.50. Now paying £94.

Mr K 07-08-2017 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35911185)

I find it pays to wait before asking for a discount. Has anyone had individual notification yet? They play hard-nose at first sight as not to encourage others. Wait till you've been notified, and they've had a raft of cancellations and the atmosphere becomes more generous. That, or call their bluff and cancel, and await the inevitable call.

JPAC 07-08-2017 22:14

VM send out a letter/email one month before price increase so 1st Oct this time. They know how to play the game, so you really have to be sure what the competition are offering. I don't think they do the ring back after you told them you want to quit any more. Ask for the last day of your billing cycle and payment date if you want the best deal. VM aren't interested in your business these days, just choose the best deal you can find.

Link; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/uti...-customer-tips

Remain calm and try not to insult, it's a game to VM, it's your money.

blackthorn 08-08-2017 07:04

I had notification yesterday by email £3.99 from Nov 1st and offering me a V6 box with £20 activation

toady 08-08-2017 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthorn (Post 35911408)
I had notification yesterday by email £3.99 from Nov 1st and offering me a V6 box with £20 activation

Lucky you, I received an email saying my bill was going up by £3.49 and they offered nothing

Gavin-D 08-08-2017 11:33

Virgin Media will attempt to head off customer anger at its latest price hike by offering customers a series of 'targeted service enhancements' UK managers will be working to avoid a repeat of those losses (after last years price hike) by offering the majority of impacted customers package boosts such as speed increases, customer premises equipment (CPE) upgrades and additional TV content.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/virgin-media...er-price-hike/

denphone 08-08-2017 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35911434)
Virgin Media will attempt to head off customer anger at its latest price hike by offering customers a series of 'targeted service enhancements' UK managers will be working to avoid a repeat of those losses (after last years price hike) by offering the majority of impacted customers package boosts such as speed increases, customer premises equipment (CPE) upgrades and additional TV content.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/virgin-media...er-price-hike/

Now lets see what that entails..

Gavin-D 08-08-2017 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35911438)
Now lets see what that entails..

Absolutely they can't offer me any equipment upgrades as I have two V6's and the Hub 3

So it doesn't leave much left already on the full house pack with 200Mbps broadband I won't be taking any thing if it involved the price going up further from the latest hike

Kushan 08-08-2017 22:06

They could give you 300 or 350meg broadband.