Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   BT Sports on Sky (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33701191)

muppetman11 03-07-2017 14:44

Re: BT Sports on Sky

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35906038)
The joys of having an open system like satellite. Like it or not subscribing to BT Sports in this way there are no deals to be done, so no reductions to be had, as neither BT nor Sky will gain anything by you subscribing to both services.

That's funny I haven't paid anything for my BT Sports for 6 months with 3 months HD thrown in as well.

telegramsam 03-07-2017 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35906038)
The joys of having an open system like satellite. Like it or not subscribing to BT Sports in this way there are no deals to be done, so no reductions to be had, as neither BT nor Sky will gain anything by you subscribing to both services.

Didn't think there was much chance of any to be honest but if you don't ask you don't get.

Chad 03-07-2017 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35906053)
Didn't think there was much chance of any to be honest but if you don't ask you don't get.

Did you sign up to BT? If not I might be able to help you out.

I got an offer from Heineken for BT Sport for half price for 12 months. I never claimed it and it looks like it's still valid.

Works out at £11.49 per month. That's in SD, HD will be extra. You'll also get Boxnation included with that.

If you're interested let me know and I'll private message you the link and code.

Hopefully it'll work.

muppetman11 03-07-2017 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35906089)
Did you sign up to BT? If not I might be able to help you out.

I got an offer from Heineken for BT Sport for half price for 12 months. I never claimed it and it looks like it's still valid.

Works out at £11.49 per month. That's in SD, HD will be extra. You'll also get Boxnation included with that.

If you're interested let me know and I'll private message you the link and code.

Hopefully it'll work.

That's similar to the deal I got however mine is free for 6 months and full price for the remaining 6 with 3 free months of HD.

Chad 03-07-2017 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35906090)
That's similar to the deal I got however mine is free for 6 months and full price for the remaining 6 with 3 free months of HD.

That's not bad at all.

I won mine off a pack of Heineken back in March. Never used the promo code. Looks like it's still valid. No interest in having BT Sport, even at 1/2 price. Rather someone that wants it uses it instead of it going to waste.

Cromulent 29-08-2017 08:57

I think I'm going to subscribe to the full BT sports package. I didn't realise so much county cricket was shown on BT sports and I've been wanting to watch that stuff for ages. Also it seems like they are going to show different countries test match series which will be awesome to be able to watch for the first time.

ollie764 25-09-2017 16:13

Another option for non BT Broadband customers to watch BT Sport is take a BT Mobile SIM only plan. Prices start at £10 a month and that includes the BT Sport app which you can watch on TV via a Chromecast stick.
BT are also showing 12 Champions League/Europa League matches this season for free on their YouTube channel & on the BT Sport Showcase channel on Freeview TV. The 12 matches will involve British teams. One of the Champions League semi-finals & the final itself will also be free to watch. Further details at https://broadbandinternetuk.com/broa...n-freeview.php

muppetman11 25-09-2017 18:57

I'm not sure you are correct there I'm pretty sure the casting functionality is locked down for mobile customers.

I'm pretty sure you can only watch through the app on the device that contains the BT Sim.