Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Recovering from Pancreatitis (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705203)

alanbjames 30-07-2017 11:56

Recovering from Pancreatitis

Im wondering here if anyone has ever had this ane how long it took to go back to normal or how u helped kill the pain.

I was taken into hospital early hours of easter monday and was in for 5 weeks. when i came out i was improving and all was ok but the past month im in agony so much so im now on morphine which does help but i can still feel the pain.

Please help someome.

Taf 30-07-2017 12:27

Re: Recovering from Pancreatitis

Stay off the booze... completely. A neighbour didn't and he didn't last long.

peanut 30-07-2017 13:03

I had pancreatitis caused by a side effect of a Crohn's drug Azathioprine. Was admitted into hospital and the only way nil by mouth for 4 days, just fluids. It did clear up after that.

Though I would suggest seeing your GP for the best advice.

Osem 30-07-2017 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35909891)
I had pancreatitis caused by a side effect of a Crohn's drug Azathioprine. Was admitted into hospital and the only way nil by mouth for 4 days, just fluids. It did clear up after that.

Though I would suggest seeing your GP for the best advice.

Good advice.

Mick Fisher 30-07-2017 17:02

I'm still suffering after 6 or so years. GP doesn't want to know. When I asked him why I was in so much pain he said he didn't know and recommended paracetamol.

Hugh 30-07-2017 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Fisher (Post 35909916)
I'm still suffering after 6 or so years. GP doesn't want to know. When I asked him why I was in so much pain he said he didn't know and recommended paracetamol.

Another doctor might be in order.

Osem 30-07-2017 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35909923)
Another doctor might be in order.

Seconded. That's an appalling attitude towards a patient.

Taf 30-07-2017 20:53

Have you had a endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).

And what's more can you say it?

A work colleague had the stone shattered by ultrasound. And that was over 20 years ago, so it should be a common procedure nowadays?

denphone 31-07-2017 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35909926)
Seconded. That's an appalling attitude towards a patient.

l cannot believe the doctors extremely poor attitude towards Mick either.:(:td:

Stuart 31-07-2017 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35909886)
Stay off the booze... completely. A neighbour didn't and he didn't last long.

Indeed. I had it a couple of years back. I actually never was that much of a heavy drinker (although I did get drunk most Friday nights). The consultant just said I should stop drinking totally, which I had decided to do anyway as soon as they diagnosed Pancreatitis). I was talking to his F1 about the condition (as my mother and her mother both died of Pancreatic cancer and I did wonder if they were linked) and mentioned what the consultant said. He told me it was good advice as drinking with a damaged pancreas is likely to lead to an extremely slow and extremely painful death.