Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703747)

denphone 11-11-2016 21:05

Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35869218)
Just had our Pip form today. At first glance it looks a lot more straightforward than the DLA forms we filled out but I'll have more comment when I've gone through them.

Put as much info in there as you can in there Osem and don't be afraid to use lined pater to write down even more information if you need too and medical evidence is very important as you know anyway and remember the eligibility for PIP is based upon the practical effects of a condition on a person's life on a daily basis rather than the condition itself.

RichardCoulter 16-11-2016 21:41

Disabled people react to the suggestion that every disabled person should aim towards getting a job:

http://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2016/...o-green-paper/

To those who don't care because they or theirs aren't disabled, how do you know you won't have an accident one day? How do you know you won't wake up feeling very odd, only to find you've had a stroke in the night? Then there's the big C; about half of us will get cancer in our lifetime.

Osem 31-12-2016 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35869223)
Put as much info in there as you can in there Osem and don't be afraid to use lined pater to write down even more information if you need too and medical evidence is very important as you know anyway and remember the eligibility for PIP is based upon the practical effects of a condition on a person's life on a daily basis rather than the condition itself.

Received Jnr #2's award notice today quite out of the blue. No need to attend any interview and we're very happy with the award under which he's quite a lot better off than DLA. So glad we decided not to spend our time worrying about it all unnecessarily. Yes there are problems and mistakes but I reckon there's a whole lot of scaremongering around too and that helps nobody.

Anyway we're very happy for him indeed. :)

Taf 31-12-2016 15:48

The lad's interview was going well until the interviewer (in her very early 20's) announced we were almost out of time.

Then things started getting rushed I thought.

And when it got to the mobility part she flew through it. "Can you walk 200 metres?"

"Yes but......"

Too late, she had already clicked the button and didn't add anything after that.

Stitched up? We'll see.

denphone 31-12-2016 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35878595)
Received Jnr #2's award notice today quite out of the blue. No need to attend any interview and we're very happy with the award under which he's quite a lot better off than DLA. So glad we decided not to spend our time worrying about it all unnecessarily. Yes there are problems and mistakes but I reckon there's a whole lot of scaremongering around too and that helps nobody.

That is excellent news Osem.:tu:

Mr K 31-12-2016 18:47

Thank goodness for the Labour party and the welfare state, I'm sure we'd all agree ;)

Hugh 31-12-2016 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35878616)
Thank goodness for the Labour party and the welfare state, I'm sure we'd all agree ;)

Strangely enough, the first parts of the welfare state were started by Asquith and the Liberal party in 1908 (Old Age Pensions Act) and in 1911 (National Insurance Act), and Beveridge was a Liberal, so you may wish to thank them as well... ;)

RichardCoulter 31-12-2016 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35878595)

Just because it's gone alright for you doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone.

There's no need for scaremongering from anybody; the facts speak for themselves.

denphone 31-12-2016 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35878625)
Just because it's gone alright for you doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone.

There's no need for scaremongering from anybody; the facts speak for themselves.

He never said it was the same for everybody else as he said its important for one to keep a calm and steady perspective with regards to DWP and the benefit claiming system so if there is any scare mongering then you would be the expert at that.

pip08456 31-12-2016 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35878598)
The lad's interview was going well until the interviewer (in her very early 20's) announced we were almost out of time.

Then things started getting rushed I thought.

And when it got to the mobility part she flew through it. "Can you walk 200 metres?"

"Yes but......"

Too late, she had already clicked the button and didn't add anything after that.

Stitched up? We'll see.

I can see an appeal needing to happen here. It's what you do in the meantime though Taf, it'll be a struggle on reduced income but I hope you get through it to a successful resolution.

Osem 31-12-2016 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35878628)
He never said it was the same for everybody else as he said its important for one to keep a calm and steady perspective with regards to DWP and the benefit claiming system so if there is any scare mongering then you would be the expert at that.

Correct Den. :tu:

Still waiting for those 'facts' all these months later. That's all we need to know mate - some folks just like lying and scaremongering, maybe it makes them feel important... :D

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35878634)
I can see an appeal needing to happen here. It's what you do in the meantime though Taf, it'll be a struggle on reduced income but I hope you get through it to a successful resolution.

I agree but it may not come to that. If it does, some advice from charity groups and the likes of the CAB would be useful.

pip08456 31-12-2016 20:24

Correct Osem that is if the review that happens first is successful. As to the CAB etc, sound advice.

denphone 31-12-2016 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35878635)
Correct Den. :tu:

Still waiting for those 'facts' all these months later. That's all we need to know mate - some folks just like lying and scaremongering, maybe it makes them feel important... :D

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

I agree but it may not come to that. If it does, some advice from charity groups and the likes of the CAB would be useful.

l have used CAB and DIAC before and they are excellent with advice.

Osem 31-12-2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35878640)
Correct Osem that is if the review that happens first is successful. As to the CAB etc, sound advice.

We found Mencap very helpful and even if there's not a local branch the same advice will apply. There'll probably be other charities who'll be able to advise on this matter and be able to feed back their experience in PIP claims.

We know this isn't an easy process but there is good help and advice out there.

RichardCoulter 02-01-2017 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35878628)

I would ask you to give examples of where I have done any "scaremongering".

I suspect, however, that you would ignore the request as is usually the case when called out on the nonsense that you post all over the forum, much of it being totally fence sitting vacuousness.

The latest PIP problem to rear it's ugly head is the logging of returned PIP forms.

The software is not logging many returned forms, even those sent by recorded delivery, resulting in some claimants getting erroneous "you have not returned your PIP form" letters.

For others, the first time that they are aware that a problem exists is when another benefit such as Housing Benefit is reduced or stopped as a result.

Meanwhile, the DWP are doing their usual "stick your head in the sand" approach and are simply advising those affected to appeal.

More stress and worry is created for the sick & disabled and in the meantime the original form received ends up being processed because it was received in time...