Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Nintendo Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wii Virtual Console Games (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33605710)

Gareth 03-01-2007 15:01

Wii Virtual Console Games

Which games have people downloaded for the VC?

So far, I've only got Sonic... should I get R-Type or Bomberman on the Turbo Grafx next? I've not bought a Classic Controller, as I'm prolly gonna get a Wavebird or 2, so I am waiting on that before I get Super Mario 64.

robtufts 03-01-2007 16:08

Re: Wii Virtual Console Games

I've downloaded Golden Axe and Super Mario 64.

Golden axe works fine with the wiimote turned sideways like a NES pad, although I remembered the game being harder! (completed it after about 2 tries)

Super Mario 64 works fine with the gamecube controller, and is as good as it was on the N64.

Now if nintendo could stop being so stingy and cheapen the games up a bit so I could get 3 from 2000 points!

NEONKNIGHT 03-01-2007 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by robtufts (Post 34190239)
I've downloaded Golden Axe and Super Mario 64.

Golden axe works fine with the wiimote turned sideways like a NES pad, although I remembered the game being harder! (completed it after about 2 tries)

Super Mario 64 works fine with the gamecube controller, and is as good as it was on the N64.

Now if nintendo could stop being so stingy and cheapen the games up a bit so I could get 3 from 2000 points!

How much is that in real money?

SOSAGES 03-01-2007 16:40

i saw some chap had got the games off the wii and uploaded them for others to download - but with mixed results not everyone could get it to work.

Shadow Demon UK 03-01-2007 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT (Post 34190259)
How much is that in real money?

2000 Wii points = £14.99

Gareth 03-01-2007 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES (Post 34190266)
i saw some chap had got the games off the wii and uploaded them for others to download - but with mixed results not everyone could get it to work.

Doesn't surprise me... the games are tied to the console used to download them. Doesn't matter if you delete them, as you can re-download for free, but not sure what happens if you replace the console cause it's faulty.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

By the way, the US have got Streetfighter 2 on SNES... anyone know if we're gonna be getting it some time soon?

skyblueheroes 06-01-2007 15:59

How many games will you get for 2000 points then ?

Damien 06-01-2007 16:02

Nintendo 64 Games = 1,000
SNES, Mega Drive = 800
NES, TurboGraphics = 500

skyblueheroes 06-01-2007 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 34192597)
Nintendo 64 Games = 1,000
SNES, Mega Drive = 800
NES, TurboGraphics = 500

Mmmm, not many then !

pooper 07-01-2007 14:47

Sod that, i'll stick to emulators :P

(errrr of course i own all the games i have ROMs of!) :D

Slyder 07-01-2007 18:07

The only reason I would buy a Wii, is if both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are released on VC, but I really cant see that happening. :(

Tezcatlipoca 07-01-2007 19:00

GoldenEye would be awesome.......I haven't played that in so long.

As you say though, unlikely - bit of a rights/licensing issue at the moment!

Gareth 07-01-2007 20:01

Yeah, Golden Eye would be great...

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart on the SNES too - more likely to arrive before GE I'd think. Also, as previosuly said, SF will be great when it's released here.

Also, I think playing with an emulator isn't comparable to playing with a proper controller, hooked-up to a TV, just like the good old days.

pooper 07-01-2007 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gareth (Post 34193266)
Yeah, Golden Eye would be great...

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart on the SNES too - more likely to arrive before GE I'd think. Also, as previosuly said, SF will be great when it's released here.

Also, I think playing with an emulator isn't comparable to playing with a proper controller, hooked-up to a TV, just like the good old days.

Sure it is :D

If need be you could always connect your PC up to the TV and use a snes-to-usb adapter :D

Gareth 09-01-2007 14:47

:woot:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...l9xsj7zzE1wkYo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintendo
The Virtual Console games that will be added to the Wii Shop Channel in Q1 include 20 Nintendo titles, 7 Turbografx (PC Engine) games and 9 classic SEGA MEGA DRIVE games. New Virtual Console titles will be added throughout 2007 creating a constantly growing library of games.

Fans of Nintendo’s classic titles will be delighted by games from the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Super Nintendo (SNES) and Nintendo 64 (N64), including Mario Kart 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Street Fighter II: World Warrior (CAPCOM), Super Probotector and the hugely popular Super Mario World.

SEGA is treating its fans with the release of a host of popular games including Streets of Rage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Bonanza Bros. and Comix Zone. Hudson will also be entertaining gamers with a selection of its best titles from Turbografx (PC Engine) including Soldier Blade, Double Dungeons and New Adventure Island.