Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Disgusted with virgin media broadband. Big rip off (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705216)

Will4578 02-08-2017 12:02

Disgusted with virgin media broadband. Big rip off

I am disgusted with virgin media with the way they treat there customers when they want to cancel there contract because they are moving house and are willing to stay with them and they cannot supply the service in the area and then want to charge £200 + for not being able to supply a service one thing I know I would not be recommending or using virgin again the customer service is diabolical

Gavin-D 02-08-2017 13:11

Re: Disgusted with virgin media broadband. Big rip off

They are not the only ones to do this though are they? nearly all charge if you cancel before the initial contract is up

ace1965 02-08-2017 16:13

virgin media are a joke company couldn't agree with you more

Arthurgray50@blu 02-08-2017 21:09

Will.,
I would seek legal advice if VM try and get the £200.00

VM cannot demand the payment, if you want to cancel the contract if you are moving.

VM are a joke as far as l am concerned. Its only my wife keeping us with VM. The service is terrible, and there CS is even more disgraceful.

Most of there CS personnel have not got a clue on what we are talking about. I was on the phone for over half an hour once. And they could not answer a simple question that l put to them.

My mother in law waited for over a week to have something done. Before l emailed the CEO

And to make matters worse now - they are putting prices up - must be the prices at the local gold course have gone up

Paul 02-08-2017 21:11

Well the price of gold *is* going up atm.

Pierre 02-08-2017 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1965 (Post 35910417)
virgin media are a joke company couldn't agree with you more

I recommend their itching powder, and stink bombs.

pozza87 03-08-2017 10:55

Its in the T&Cs of the contract you sign with Virgin Media that you will incur charges if wanting to cancel your contract early.

Pretty sure this is in the T&Cs of ALL companies if you want to cancel a contract early regardless of the reason so not just specific to VM

pip08456 03-08-2017 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by pozza87 (Post 35910542)
Its in the T&Cs of the contract you sign with Virgin Media that you will incur charges if wanting to cancel your contract early.

Pretty sure this is in the T&Cs of ALL companies if you want to cancel a contract early regardless of the reason so not just specific to VM

That being said with the majority of other companies if you move address you are 99.9% sure there will be a service even if you have to downgrade from VDSL to ADSL. That is not the case with VM.

The OP was quite willing to remain with VM but the service doesn't exist where he is moving to.

Kushan 07-08-2017 13:30

Hasn't Virgin just jacked up the prices? OP should be able to get out of their contract based on that.