Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705221)

Khenryashley 03-08-2017 12:39

Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/41555...oadband-sky-q/

Will Virgin Follow suite? Interesting!

Paul 03-08-2017 18:11

Re: Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme

I wonder what they mean by "been with sky".

Do they mean overall, or continuously (i.e. without a break).

Khenryashley 03-08-2017 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35910642)

I think we know the answer to that!

muppetman11 03-08-2017 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35910642)

continuously without a break

Paul 03-08-2017 20:49

Waste of time then, few people are going to stay with them (or have stayed with them) for periods of 15+ years.

You get better value moving from one to the other.

The "rewards" of of little value anyway.

I dont need free fibre set-up, already have it.
No interest in yet another Sky Atlantic channel.
Dont have Sky mobile, no plans to have it.
Free Sky Q set-up - maybe useful at some point - except its only in 14 years time !

Oh, and I dont have a "Smart" phone anyway, to even download an app.

muppetman11 03-08-2017 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35910691)
Waste of time then, few people are going to stay with them (or have stayed with them) for periods of 15+ years.

Free Sky Q set-up - maybe useful at some point - except its only in 14 years time !

Blimey do you live in a cave :D

Chad 03-08-2017 23:06

Quote:

It's more than just that. They are giving away thousands of free tickets to Premiership and Championship games each month. You go through the VIP app, choose the game you want and book your tickets. You can book 2 each month. First come first served. The Premiership tickets all went in the first hour. There was plenty of Championship tickets left up until a few hours ago.

They are doing the same each month for rugby, cricket and other sports too. They have the same set up for cinema and theater tickets.

New tickets are released every week. If you're fast you stand a great chance of getting them. It's an excellent freebie worth hundreds of pounds if you like sport, the cinema or theater.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2017/08/3.jpg

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...08/1.jpg:large

Paul 04-08-2017 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35910701)

Nope, I simply have no interest in smart phones.

I have a phone to make phone calls, and sometimes text, not to play games, watch films, or surf the internet - I have TV's & PC's for that.

Stuart 04-08-2017 15:12

Quote:

I'm in a similar position.

I have fast broadband (I'm in the seemingly small group of people who actually get the 150 meg broadband they pay for), and we make heavy use of it, so any slow down would cause complaints.
Not really interested in seeing programmes 24 hours before they appear on Sky Atlantic. If the programme is that interesting, an extra 24 hour wait is going to make no difference to me.
Not planning to change to Sky mobile. Perfectly happy with O2. OK, so I do get a bad network connection at certain points around work, and on my journey between work and home, but I've had bad connections at the same points on Tmobile/EE and Vodafone as well, so I've just put it down to the architecture of the areas involved stopping good mobile reception.
Not interested in Sky Q at any price. Tried it and didn't like it. The much lauded UI felt, to me, like a low rent copy of the Tivo UI (which, don't get me wrong, also has issues) and it felt a little like the Sky designers had made a bit of a dog's breakfast of it.
No interest in going to see any sports matches.

Gavin-D 04-08-2017 17:55

Shame the 2-year price freeze doesn't appear to cover loyal existing customers if they took out a new contract

http://store.virginmedia.com/special...e-promise.html

japitts 05-08-2017 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35910727)
Nope, I simply have no interest in smart phones.

I have a phone to make phone calls, and sometimes text, not to play games, watch films, or surf the internet - I have TV's & PC's for that.

To be fair, there's more to smartphones than playing games and surfing the internet. Depending which network you're on, they allow access to WiFi & 4G calling facilities, which may well improve your coverage in some areas of the country.

I appreciate your point, and generally agree with you to be fair.

denphone 05-08-2017 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35910701)

OB's future where is believes everybody has to move with the modern times or else they represent old fossils is looking distinctly rocky it seems.;):D

nialli 05-08-2017 14:03

Call me optimistic, but if they're looking to freeze prices for new customers, chances are the 2018 increases won't be too onerous for everyone else.
I'd welcome a long service customer loyalty scheme as I've been with NTL/Virgin Media for over 15 years. Mind you, a Virgin rep I spoke to recently did suggest that their customer records couldn't recognise my long service as it had been at two separate properties with different postcodes, which is a pretty poor CMS if you ask me.

spiderplant 05-08-2017 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 35910901)
Mind you, a Virgin rep I spoke to recently did suggest that their customer records couldn't recognise my long service as it had been at two separate properties with different postcodes, which is a pretty poor CMS if you ask me.

It's not true. Records from before the NTL/Telewest merger in 2006 might be patchy, but if you moved house since, the old and new accounts will be linked.

Mr K 08-08-2017 10:43

I've been with Cable for 21 years, never mind a discount, I want a long service medal and shareholder voting rights !

Customers are showing more loyalty than the the companies these days. I've been through 4 of them - Bell Cablemedia, Cable and Wireless, NTL and now VM. NTL were the worst, Bell Cablemedia the best.