Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Cricket : The General Cricket Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=29786)

Shadow Demon UK 12-07-2005 21:00

Re: Cricket

I think whoever won the toss and chose to bowl first today would win, and that was Australia. The batting display would have been very embarrassing for England if it wasnt for Pieterson and Solanki and the bowling display was embarrassing, Gough 37 off fours overs! Surely his last England game. :no:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
TBH, I don't really see the point in this little 'tournament' at all. I mean, the triangular tournament was a bit of a joke (although I did take a certain satisfaction in watching Bangladesh beat Australia :D ), but just having a few one-dayers before the tests start is asking for burnt-out players.

I dont think theres much chance of players being burnt-out, county sides play about five days of cricket a week for six months straight! So the players should be used to playing this much plus they do have breaks in between all the test matches.

Aragorn 20-07-2005 12:46

Less than 24 hours 'til the real work begins.

Any predictions here? 2-1 to England would be good.

If Vaughan wins the toss tomorrow and we have 250+/3 or 4 by the close it could be a close summer. On the other hand if we get skittled tomorrow or they post 300+ we could be sunk for the summer. Here's hoping for the former ;)

Shadow Demon UK 20-07-2005 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn
Any predictions here? 2-1 to England would be good.

What about the other two matches? :confused:

I think it will go down to the last match and hoepefully England will scarpe it, So England 3 Aussies 2. (hopefully)

Aragorn 20-07-2005 14:01

Quote:

What about the other two matches?
I was anticipating a couple of draws - I know England haven't had many draws recently, but with too good batting line-ups there is a good chance of at least one draw.

iadom 21-07-2005 11:40

A good start from England, two good blows to the head, one drawing blood, and one lovely smack on the elbow, oh and a couple of wickets as well.:D

Roy MM 21-07-2005 11:48

Quote:

I was anticipating a couple of draws - I know England haven't had many draws recently, but with too good batting line-ups there is a good chance of at least one draw.

Plus our glorious English weather wil help.

3 down now come on England. :)

TigaSefi 21-07-2005 13:06

5 down now, pretty good, I could have thought England could have done better.

Aragorn 21-07-2005 15:20

Who would have predicted Aus 190 ao on the first day of the Ashes? What a start :D Keep it going lads.

ian@huth 21-07-2005 16:14

England 19 - 4 . McGrath on fire. :(

Roy MM 21-07-2005 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian@huth
England 19 - 4 . McGrath on fire. :(

What a disaster. :(

ian@huth 21-07-2005 16:25

England 21 - 5 , another for McGrath.

McGrath has taken 5 wickets for 7 runs.

TigaSefi 21-07-2005 16:29

Quote:

Who would have predicted Aus 190 ao on the first day of the Ashes? What a start :D Keep it going lads.

evidently not!!! shambles lol.... but I expected nothing less.

gazzae 21-07-2005 17:32

I imagine Hoggard is eating his words.

Aragorn 21-07-2005 18:09

Oh dear, oh dear - someone nobble McGrath please!

I don't think this match will be drawn.

Shadow Demon UK 21-07-2005 18:28

It was a bit of a shambles :( , but i think England need to think about it in a different way... They are only 98 runs behind Australia which isnt a huge amount of runs, but it does look bad for England.