Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Tennis : The General Tennis Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33638373)

Shadow Demon UK 07-09-2008 23:40

The General Tennis Thread

What a performance tonight by Andy Murray, beating Nadal in the US open semi-final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7602257.stm

6-2, 7-6, 4-6, 6-4

He now faces Federer in the final tomorrow night and i wouldn't bet against Murray winning after tonights performance! He somehow managed to out-muscle Nadal throughout and really looks like a Grand Slam winning tennis player now :)

supremus 08-09-2008 00:30

Re: Tennis

Yeah, I'm not much of a Murray fan, but he played well, and it's good to see that Nadal's constant cheating didn't earn him another undeserved win here. Looking forward to the final tomorrow, but I hope for Petchey's sake Murray doesn't win. That would literally make his head explode. :)

Saaf_laandon_mo 08-09-2008 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremus (Post 34633939)
Yeah, I'm not much of a Murray fan, but he played well, and it's good to see that Nadal's constant cheating didn't earn him another undeserved win here. Looking forward to the final tomorrow, but I hope for Petchey's sake Murray doesn't win. That would literally make his head explode. :)

I would love murray to win tomorrow..... What a great end to the match last night!

maxlo 08-09-2008 19:54

Can someone tell me which channel is showing the US Open final tonight, please?

I'm on Virgin Media and am not used to the sports channels. The listing on VMs tv listing page says its on Sky Sports 1 tonight but the listing on the actual VM box doesn't show the same information, as if its not on (I dont know why they should be different!).

Thanks.

Shadow Demon UK 08-09-2008 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxlo (Post 34634325)
Can someone tell me which channel is showing the US Open final tonight, please?

I'm on Virgin Media and am not used to the sports channels. The listing on VMs tv listing page says its on Sky Sports 1 tonight but the listing on the actual VM box doesn't show the same information, as if its not on (I dont know why they should be different!).

Thanks.

It's on Sky Sports 1 from 8pm but the actual tennis doesn't start until 10pm.

maxlo 08-09-2008 21:41

Thats great, I got it now.

Thanks.

SnoopZ 08-09-2008 22:03

Live feed of the final can be viewed here.

Live Feed.

Live Feed for a mediaplayer.

Caff 09-09-2008 00:09

G-r-e-a-t match.

Murray has matured and evolved so quickly over the last 18+ months.

Federer raised his game - and well played.
And... credit to Murray for sending him there.

Cobbydaler 09-09-2008 00:13

Yep, hopefully he won't let it deflate him & he'll continue to progress...

Caff 09-09-2008 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin T (Post 34634455)
Yep, hopefully he won't let it deflate him & he'll continue to progress...

I don't think he'll be deflated...

I believe he's made of sterner stuff.

Shadow Demon UK 09-09-2008 00:33

Good game, Murray played well but Federer was back to his awesome best, thats why he's the greatest tennis player ever imo, 5 times in a row now he's won the US open, amazing. It could have been very different though if the line judge had got the call right in the second set that would have seen Murray break Federer's serve. But Federer definately deserved it overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuzz (Post 34634456)
I don't think he'll be deflated...

I believe he's made of sterner stuff.

Yeah the way he broke back right at the end of the last set shows that he's a fighter and doesn't give up. I think we will see him in many finals to come.

supremus 09-09-2008 00:47

Great to see Federer back in slam-winning form. With finals at the French and Wimbledon, gold at the Olympics and now a US Open title, it's another terrific year for the great one, and this in spite of a bout of mono as well. Incredible.

Caff 09-09-2008 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34634464)
Good game, Murray played well but Federer was back to his awesome best, thats why he's the greatest tennis player ever imo, 5 times in a row now he's won the US open, amazing. It could have been very different though if the line judge had got the call right in the second set that would have seen Murray break Federer's serve. But Federer definately deserved it overall.

Yeah the way he broke back right at the end of the last set shows that he's a fighter and doesn't give up. I think we will see him in many finals to come.

He's been criticised in the past for his attitude...
...but it's a single-minded and fighting one. And he seems more focussed now.

Federer shone.:tu:

Maggy 09-09-2008 08:29

Don't forget folks,Murray is a lot younger than Nadal or Federer and his time will come provided he can avoid too many serious injuries.:)

Shadow Demon UK 09-09-2008 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 34634499)
Don't forget folks,Murray is a lot younger than Nadal or Federer and his time will come provided he can avoid too many serious injuries.:)

He's only one year younger then Nadal and he's the same age as Novak Djokovic, i think most of the grand slams will be fought out between these three in the future when Federer slows down who is a fair bit older, but he doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon.