Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Claim your free wireless booster now (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33696181)

Chad 21-12-2013 17:28

Claim your free wireless booster now

Log into your Sky account and then look at Sky Products and you will see it there click on it and claim.

"Our Sky Wireless Booster extends the wi-fi signal to help you get online in an area of the home you may not have been able to before.

It's designed to work best with the Sky Hub and other Sky Wireless 'N' routers. If you don't have either, we recommend upgrading to the Sky Hub first, as this uses our most up-to-date technology to provide a great wireless range.

Your home environment may affect the range of your wi-fi signal."

"Free for new and existing Sky Broadband customers: Subject to availability by claiming online after broadband activation (before 30.1.14). One per household."

I was part of the test team for this product about 4 months ago :D It's worth getting. I saw a bit of an improvement in terms of accessing wi-fi at home.

nstokes 21-12-2013 18:06

Re: Claim your free wireless booster now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35656692)
Log into your Sky account and then look at Sky Products and you will see it there click on it and claim.

"Our Sky Wireless Booster extends the wi-fi signal to help you get online in an area of the home you may not have been able to before.

It's designed to work best with the Sky Hub and other Sky Wireless 'N' routers. If you don't have either, we recommend upgrading to the Sky Hub first, as this uses our most up-to-date technology to provide a great wireless range.

"Free for new and existing Sky Broadband customers: Subject to availability by claiming online after broadband activation (before 30.1.14). One per household."

I was part of the test team for this product about 4 months ago :D It's worth getting. I saw a bit of an improvement in terms of accessing wi-fi at home.

Oh yes i remember this. Testing this was quite fun. I also saw some improvement. Shame had to send it back. Ill order one now. Thanks Chad

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Says i can redeem from 27th. Wont let me redeem now

martyh 21-12-2013 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35656702)
Oh yes i remember this. Testing this was quite fun. I also saw some improvement. Shame had to send it back. Ill order one now. Thanks Chad

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

yep i got that as well

muppetman11 21-12-2013 18:56

Quote:

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-ta...eless-booster/

denphone 21-12-2013 19:23

Quote:

l will tell my parents about this because at times their connections are dreadful.

Chad 21-12-2013 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35656702)

Sorry, I'm jumping the gun a little bit then :D

Hom3r 23-12-2013 20:55

Or you get a decent router in the first place.

nstokes 27-12-2013 09:15

I am still unable to redeem this. When i sign in and try to redeem it asks me to join or upgrade, i click upgrade and says i claim the offer now but then takes me to my package page and doesnt show it on there and shows my basket empty.

Jimi 27-12-2013 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35658055)
I am still unable to redeem this. When i sign in and try to redeem it asks me to join or upgrade, i click upgrade and says i claim the offer now but then takes
me to my package page and doesnt show it on there and shows my basket empty.

Try here.

http://www.sky.com/products/kit/wireless-booster/

Stuart 27-12-2013 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35657337)
Or you get a decent router in the first place.

A decent router or Wireless Access Point helps, but even with decent routers or WAPs, you can sometimes need more than one to cover a reasonable distance.

I know some members have houses that are rather old and have thick stone walls. Something that can reduce wireless range considerably, even with a good router/WAP.

For instance, I work in a Grade 1 Listed building with 4 foot thick stone exterior walls, and intererior walls that are (in places) a couple of feet thick. We use enterprise Cisco WAPS and the range (using 802.11n at both 2 GHz and 5GHz) is around 25 metres.

As such, to cover our campus, we have (I think) dozens of WAPs.

martyh 27-12-2013 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi (Post 35658166)

I can't claim the booster either ,all i get is a £61.15 package added to my basket every time i try to claim it .I think it's only for new customers and existing customers upgrading their account to unlimited BB ,i just don't think they made it very clear.

muppetman11 27-12-2013 21:26

I ordered mine no problems at all.

martyh 27-12-2013 21:36

OK i think i have managed to order a booster ,as i said above it put £61.15 in my basket ,i followed it through to the confirm order page and it showed the booster had been ordered and the £61.15 had disappeared .Seems a very long winded way of ordering a free offer

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35658180)
I ordered mine no problems at all.

I'm wondering if it's the sky shop 'beta' they are testing

muppetman11 27-12-2013 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35658183)
OK i think i have managed to order a booster ,as i said above it put £61.15 in my basket ,i followed it through to the confirm order page and it showed the booster had been ordered and the £61.15 had disappeared .Seems a very long winded way of ordering a free offer

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

I'm wondering if it's the sky shop 'beta' they are testing

It is a little confusing the £61.15 will be your ongoing monthly costs , at the final confirmation page mine clearly showed it was free with postage included.

nstokes 28-12-2013 09:20

I have now ordered it. I think they must have enabled later afternoon yesterday. My dad has ordered one for him as well