Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD : All change for Sky Sports channels & packages? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704704)

nodrogd 09-08-2017 10:17

Re: All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35911492)
Also worth mentioning Sky don't include BT Sport like VM's top base package if that's important to you.

Sky can't include it. They don't sell it, BT do.

spiderplant 09-08-2017 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35911574)
I've just checked my emails and I have one from VM saying thanks for signing up to the sky sports offer the only thing is I haven't done so

:confused:

Anyone else had an email overnight?

Is it possibly a phishing email?

If not, I suggest calling Customer Services just to make sure you haven't been subscribed to something you don't want.

muppetman11 09-08-2017 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35911577)
Sky can't include it. They don't sell it, BT do.

Really well I'd have never.......known that ;)

With pedantic posts like that you must be a Super User :D

jamllew 09-08-2017 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35911574)
I've just checked my emails and I have one from VM saying thanks for signing up to the sky sports offer the only thing is I haven't done so

:confused:

Anyone else had an email overnight?

I clicked on the link you posted while logged in to my Virgini account. I haven't heard anything about it being activated by email.Is it possible that my clicking on it has activated it on your account? If so, I'm sorry. It did come up with my name when it said it had been activated.

It could be that the URL on the link was user specific

Gavin-D 09-08-2017 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35911578)
Is it possibly a phishing email?

If not, I suggest calling Customer Services just to make sure you haven't been subscribed to something you don't want.

The email address is noreply[at]awscampaigns.virginmedia.com

buckeye 09-08-2017 16:20

Does anyone here subscribe to Sky Sports through VM and also use TV Anywhere to watch the sports channels on a Windows PC (preferably Windows 10)?
If so do you still have to use a browser for the Windows device or have they developed an app for it yet?
I'm seriously considering the VM offer of 12 months for £22 as even with the HD charge its cheaper than Now TV but do need to watch some sports when I'm on the go on my Surface Pro 4 from time to time and don't really wish to go back to poor Flash streams in a browser.

muppetman11 09-08-2017 16:27

I thought you watched Sky Sports on the Sky Sports app , I didn't think Sky Sports was part of the TV Anywhere app.

denphone 09-08-2017 16:58

Sadly you have to sign in via the Sky website.

Raider999 10-08-2017 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35911662)
Sadly you have to sign in via the Sky website.

Are you saying that I can watch sky sports on my iPad by logging into the Sky website?

Does this mean I can also watch it over my 3G connection as I used to when I was with Sky?

I currently have the top VM bundle with 2 V6 boxes - if that makes any difference.

Dave42 10-08-2017 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35911808)
Are you saying that I can watch sky sports on my iPad by logging into the Sky website?

Does this mean I can also watch it over my 3G connection as I used to when I was with Sky?

I currently have the top VM bundle with 2 V6 boxes - if that makes any difference.

you download sky sports app from app store then sign in using VM sign in got to be a sky sports subscriber to watch the live channels

muppetman11 10-08-2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35911808)

The Sky Sports iPad and Android app have an option to sign in for VM customers.

Raider999 10-08-2017 20:39

Thanks for the answers guys - I will give it a go