Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : FA Cup replays to be scrapped (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712628)

Paul 18-04-2024 13:58

FA Cup replays to be scrapped

FA Cup replays to be scrapped from the first round onwards, starting next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68844583

Once again the minority rule, to ruin it for everyone else. :td:

Mr K 18-04-2024 17:42

Re: FA Cup replays to be scrapped

Only football competition worth watching too. Imagine being a lower/non league club, get a a draw at home , and being denied the massive replay/tv income at a big ground.

The game in this country is dead, thanks to the Premiership. Just kick them all out of the FA Cup if they're not interested.

Paul 18-04-2024 19:05

What bugs me even more is that these clubs dont even take part until round 3.
So why do they care about replys in round 1 & 2 :confused:

I dont have an issue with the one reply only rule, but I strongly disagree with no reply.

If the clubs in these euro competitions really cant cope, they should forfeit their place in the cup draw, not spoil it for the rest of us.

Jaymoss 18-04-2024 19:15

I have always favoured the sudden death model. Play the 90 minutes play extra time then sudden death

Pierre 19-04-2024 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36173686)
FA Cup replays to be scrapped from the first round onwards, starting next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68844583

Once again the minority rule, to ruin it for everyone else. :td:

The game is corrupt.

Dave42 19-04-2024 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36173743)
The game is corrupt.

exactly let top 6 do what they want screw all the other 86 clubs

Maggy 20-04-2024 11:04

Questions? Is football better viewed on the TV or by fans actually attending the stadiums? Is the cost greater viewing on TV or actually attending every match that your team plays? Just how much time would have to be allocated on TV for everyone to view the football they want to watch and how much would it cost?
Has sport and football become just too expensive to watch and support?

Mr K 20-04-2024 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36173782)
Questions? Is football better viewed on the TV or by fans actually attending the stadiums? Is the cost greater viewing on TV or actually attending every match that your team plays? Just how much time would have to be allocated on TV for everyone to view the football they want to watch and how much would it cost?

People are lazy and can't be bothered to out of their front door and support their local team. They'd rather support teams they have no connection with and they can watch on telly.
Always cheaper and more enjoyable to go to games (Premiership excluded, which isnt enjoyable in either on tv, or in real life).

Rillington 28-04-2024 13:17

I can understand why Premier League clubs want replays scrapped from when they enter the competition but I see no reason to scrap replays for rounds one and two.

Damien 01-05-2024 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36173782)

You often get a better view of specific incidents on television with their closer cameras and replays but the atmosphere is much better at the stadium, depending on where you sit you can also get a view of the entire pitch in a way you wouldn't on tv giving you a better understanding of how teams are set-up e.t.c.

It's much more expensive to watch the Premier League in person than on TV. Both are expensive.

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36174153)
I can understand why Premier League clubs want replays scrapped from when they enter the competition but I see no reason to scrap replays for rounds one and two.

Well, the main argument for replays is the smaller sides wanting to be drawn against one of the big teams for the TV money and gate receipts. Not going to happen in the first two rounds and fixture congestion also impacts lower-league football with their bigger leagues. I think a lot of these clubs would be happy to skip replays if they were drawn against teams from the same division.