Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704751)

Damien 14-04-2017 18:19

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Stephen 14-04-2017 18:30

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) teaser

WOW!

denphone 14-04-2017 18:35

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Damien 14-04-2017 19:30

If you ask me I think this confirms the theory that Luke is a Jedi.

denphone 14-04-2017 21:36

Yes l think you are right.

Paul 15-04-2017 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35894686)
If you ask me I think this confirms the theory that Luke is a Jedi.

Theory :confused:

Luke has long been a Jedi, since the Return of the Jedi, in fact you could say since the Empire Strikes Back.

pip08456 15-04-2017 07:14

Could sat???

General Maximus 15-04-2017 08:18

sat = say

He is so excited by the whole thing that he started speaking Rylothian.

bubblegun 15-04-2017 09:59

I hope this film does something different rather just the re-hash of the first and third films that the last one was. Looks like it will be another Empire Strikes Back where all hope is almost lost but for an "I'm your father" moment, just before Luke dies. That's my guess..

Pierre 16-04-2017 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegun (Post 35894764)
I hope this film does something different rather just the re-hash of the first and third films that the last one was. Looks like it will be another Empire Strikes Back where all hope is almost lost but for an "I'm your father" moment, just before Luke dies. That's my guess..

So a rehash of 1 & 3 = bad.

Rehash of 2 = good.

How about something original?

Maggy 17-04-2017 09:31

There is very little of anything original coming out of Hollywood these days....I'm lucky if there is one film in a year that I want to go to the cinema to watch these days.

General Maximus 17-04-2017 20:48

I think Rogue One was phenomenal and a must see at the cinema. Looking at the big original films for this year I would also mention Thor and Fast 8.

Looking back at my lists I would say the Marvel stuff in general (e.g. X-men and CA: Civil War), the Divergent series, Now You See Me, Star Trek, The Accountant, Arrival, Passengers, Taken, American Sniper, Ex Machina, Project Almanac, Jurassic World, London Has Fallen, Hunger Games, Edge of Tomorrow, Deep Water Horizon.

Admittedly 90% of the stuff is remakes and sequels these days but not all of it is bad. The new Spiderman coming out this year is a remake but it looks like it is going to be AMAZING!

bubblegun 20-04-2017 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35895024)
So a rehash of 1 & 3 = bad.

Rehash of 2 = good.

How about something original?

I don't think I implied a re-hash of 2 = good.

I was meaning the same as you, that I'd rather see something more original than a mash-up of something we've seen already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35895161)
I think Rogue One was phenomenal and a must see at the cinema. Looking at the big original films for this year I would also mention Thor and Fast 8

I'd agree Rogue One has been the better of the two new Star Wars films, so far.

Scary 21-04-2017 11:54

Luke was a Jedi, now he is a grey Jedi, as he became disillusioned with the Jedi teachings, after The return of the Jedi he went to old Jedi temples throughout the galaxy looking or holocrons and what he learnt he knew not to be true, that is why as explained in the force awakened he went in search of the first Jedi temple to gain the knowledge of the original Jedi.

the original Jedi were known as Je'daii Order where there was no light or dark side only balance.

this is why at the end of the trailer he says the Jedi must end as he now knows that the only way there will be peace is if the jedi and sith orders either die or go back to the original teachings.

adzii_nufc 06-05-2017 15:44