Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Princess of Wales undergoing cancer treatment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712568)

Paul 22-03-2024 18:09

Princess of Wales undergoing cancer treatment

First Charlie, now Kate.

Quote:

Princess of Wales says she is undergoing cancer treatment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68641441

denphone 22-03-2024 18:27

Re: Princess of Wales undergoing cancer treatment

l hope and pray they both get better soon as l would not wish cancer on anybody.

Jaymoss 22-03-2024 18:46

This has got to be the most obvious diagnosis ever. Didn't everyone already know this?

Chris 22-03-2024 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36172388)
This has got to be the most obvious diagnosis ever. Didn't everyone already know this?

Major abdominal surgery in a woman of her age was always likely to have been a total hysterectomy, especially with her medical history w.r.t. childbirth. Complications arising from that were always likely to have been the reason for her disappearance from public life. The cancer appears to have been discovered during the course of the surgery without having been the original reason for it.

Jaymoss 22-03-2024 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36172390)
Major abdominal surgery in a woman of her age was always likely to have been a total hysterectomy, especially with her medical history w.r.t. childbirth. Complications arising from that were always likely to have been the reason for her disappearance from public life. The cancer appears to have been discovered during the course of the surgery without having been the original reason for it.

Yeah but all the delays and the subterfuge with the photo. I thought it was cancer maybe it was not common thought then

Sirius 22-03-2024 20:27

I wish Kate all the best and to keep fighting. They can treat some forms of cancer now and i am proof of that i have been cancer free for 9 months now.As long as she follow what the doctors tell her and takes time to rest between treatments she will be fine.

1andrew1 22-03-2024 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36172387)
l hope and pray they both get better soon as l would not wish cancer on anybody.

Totally agree.

Chris 22-03-2024 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36172391)
Yeah but all the delays and the subterfuge with the photo. I thought it was cancer maybe it was not common thought then

The awful PR operation at Kensington Palace is caused by them using posh gels from proper finishing schools whose faces fit around the palace but who are actually quite clueless about how to manage PR, especially the social media aspect of it.

Remember, when you have a choice of cock-up or conspiracy, it’s almost always a cock-up.

1andrew1 22-03-2024 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36172400)
The awful PR operation at Kensington Palace is caused by them using posh gels from proper finishing schools whose faces fit around the palace but who are actually quite clueless about how to manage PR, especially the social media aspect of it.

Remember, when you have a choice of cock-up or conspiracy, it’s almost always a cock-up.

Spot on.

Dude111 23-03-2024 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone

Yes its horrible what they are going thru :(

Mr K 23-03-2024 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36172414)
Yes its horrible what they are going thru :(

It is terrible Dude, and I wish them all the best. But at least they have the best healthcare money can provide, financial security, don't have to worry about jobs/providing for others. Most families going through the same thing don't have that.

Itshim 23-03-2024 21:31

Can't "we" leave them alone and stop speculating, on what may or not be her illness.