Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do you use Kodi? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704364)

SnoopZ 13-02-2017 22:39

Re: Do you use Kodi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35885602)
I have Kodi on my HTPC, but I have none of the addons that allow people to watch subscription stuff illegally. It's all crap anyway, why break the law for BS programmes?

You're the first person that I have seen admitting to using Kodi legally, and the content I watch is not crap it is better quality than regular HD TV.

stumps 22-02-2017 16:54

I can remember taking apart an Xbox 1 to install a quieter fan so I could watch DVDs and ripped mpegs in peace using XBMC :)

SnoopZ 08-04-2017 20:05

Does anyone know if Kodi and Plex can be installed on the new Amazon Fire TV stick?

Kabaal 09-04-2017 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35893847)
Does anyone know if Kodi and Plex can be installed on the new Amazon Fire TV stick?

Kodi definitely can and i can't see any reason why Plex wouldn't too.

SnoopZ 14-04-2017 11:00

Bit of a dilemma here, i am looking to replace 1 of my Amazon Fire sticks with another device that is capable of running Kodi as well as Amazon Prime.

Currently thinking of getting the latest Amazon Fire TV box which i can currently side load Kodi on to but wondering if i should go for a normal Kodi Android box.

Anyone got any thoughts on this i as think i am probably going for the Fire TV for its quality as well as the nice remote?

SnoopZ 29-04-2017 22:08

Still wondering whether to get the 4K Amazon box purely to run Kodi now i have a great 4K TV or get the best dedicated Android box for around £50, my worry is Amazon may block the installation on a side loaded Kodi.

What do you Kodi guys think?

chumba 01-05-2017 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35893847)

I use both on my Fire TV stick.

SnoopZ 01-05-2017 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by chumba (Post 35896983)
I use both on my Fire TV stick.

Thanks, not used Plex since i started streaming with Kodi though.

Qtx 04-05-2017 11:03

I use Kodi purely for playing content that is on my NAS. It used to be DVD's I ripped myself, along with occasional downloads, so I could browse through the interface and not worry about disks. Then at one point I decided I did not want to fund big media's lawyers and all the things that comes with that, so stopped buying media. Tried sports addons a couple of times otherwise don't use any video addons except iPlayer. Been using Kodi and it's predecessor's since around 2002 or 2003. Not a new fad here :)