Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do you use Kodi? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704364)

adzii_nufc 01-02-2017 17:30

Re: Do you use Kodi?

The best sources for live sports are P2P and because they're live sports, it's something that isn't really being watched on the P2P as of yet. It's all I generally use for Premier League foreign broadcasts.

pip08456 01-02-2017 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35883520)
The best sources for live sports are P2P and because they're live sports, it's something that isn't really being watched on the P2P as of yet. It's all I generally use for Premier League foreign broadcasts.

But you don't use P2P for live broadcasts.

Quote:

Except for live stuff I use P2P add-ons.

adzii_nufc 01-02-2017 23:23

Quote:

This. Except for live stuff I use P2P add-ons. More or less for foreign broadcasters using premier league games. Just easier to get HD streams via P2P.

I know I'm guilty but I don't feel it. I...
So given the context and the reply I made to a previous post I think it was evidently clear I was referring to me using P2P for foreign premier league broadcasts. The except is merely an exception in difference.

Thread related: Mentioned earlier in the thread I used to use a site named PLP for streaming football. These are becoming ever popular for use on Kodi, Sports Donkey to name one. Showing English and Foreign networks, From Sky Sports UK to Sport Club Serbia. They're charging sub fee's of £50 but are based offshore (Good ole Piratebay run around all over again) I can imagine there'd be serious implications of monetising someone's IP. Wiziwig were pursued in Spain I think.

E.G, ripped from their website:

Quote:

Day Pass: £5.00 /
1 Week Pass: £10.00 / Week
1 Month Subscription: £20.00 / month
6 Month Subscription: £35.00 / 6 months
12 Month Subscription: £50.00 / 12 months

What extras are included in my subscription? (VIP Video-Streaming)

- GameTime: NBA
- GameTime: NHL
- GameTime: NFL
- GameTime: MLB
- GameTime: AHL
- GameTime: OHL
- GameTime: WHL
- GameTime: QMJHL
- GameTime: Barclays Premier League (EPL)
- Pay-per-view: All inclusive!
Locale: Gibraltar. Some of these are actually legal surprisingly and they're legally licensed to broadcast streams, they're not licenced to broadcast them back to the UK however. PLP had the minimum level of security to comply with their agreement, ensuring all incoming IP's were from Asia, which going back to what I mentioned, you needed a VPN eventually to access it. This one appears to just be selling subs worldwide.

Gavin78 02-02-2017 14:51

Yes I have Kodi, just use it for box sets, live tv is crap I still have a XL VM package with no intention to get rid. Kodi is good but a long way off a reliable source

broadbandking 09-02-2017 16:32

I am thinking of using Kodi at some point but either need to by a fire stick or get a wireless adapter for my raspberry pi

Chris 09-02-2017 18:26

I will probably install it at some point, so I can rip my DVD library and serve it to our Fire stick rather than keep mucking about with discs all the time (which the kids just leave all over the floor).

SnoopZ 09-02-2017 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35884865)
I will probably install it at some point, so I can rip my DVD library and serve it to our Fire stick rather than keep mucking about with discs all the time (which the kids just leave all over the floor).

I highly recommend it, i bought 2 Firesticks on Black Friday and it is pretty straight forward to install Kodi on it after enabling the developer options.

Serenity83 10-02-2017 15:27

We use an Android box with Kodi installed in the bedroom mainly for boxsets with the odd movie here and there, no TV point in there, so it was the quickest and cheapest solution for us.

pip08456 10-02-2017 16:08

Quote:

Kodi's perfect for that.

techguyone 10-02-2017 17:38

Quote:

That's good, but I can suggest another solution that's cheaper and doesn't involve Kodi
Rip your DVD's, stick them on your computer

Get something like WIFI PC File Explorer Pro

Install it on your pc & your android phone

Now we have the ability to read files from your computer via your mobile phone

Get as many Chromecasts as you have TV's (I use 5)

Install Allcast or similar on your phone

I know it sounds a bit cumbersome, but it's not.

You now have the ability to stream any file on your PC (including your Ripped DVDs) to any TV in your House. Which is nice because if you go the Kodi android box/Firestick route, it's one device per TV, this way you can distribute to your entire house, using the PC as a media server, the chromecast as the receiver and the phone as a remote control.

Best of all, there's no 'dubious legality' issues.

I also have Kodi installed on my PC & set top box as well :D

SnoopZ 10-02-2017 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35885063)
That's good, but I can suggest another solution that's cheaper and doesn't involve Kodi
Rip your DVD's, stick them on your computer

Get something like WIFI PC File Explorer Pro

Install it on your pc & your android phone

Now we have the ability to read files from your computer via your mobile phone

Get as many Chromecasts as you have TV's (I use 5)

Install Allcast or similar on your phone

I know it sounds a bit cumbersome, but it's not.

You now have the ability to stream any file on your PC (including your Ripped DVDs) to any TV in your House. Which is nice because if you go the Kodi android box/Firestick route, it's one device per TV, this way you can distribute to your entire house, using the PC as a media server, the chromecast as the receiver and the phone as a remote control.

Best of all, there's no 'dubious legality' issues.

I also have Kodi installed on my PC & set top box as well :D

You can do all that on a Firestick too if i am not mistaken using Plex?

pip08456 10-02-2017 18:59

Yep.

techguyone 10-02-2017 19:06

possibly, but you would need a firestick for each TV plus the associated remote etc, the chromecast(s) with phone as remote is a bit more elegant, but each to their own.

SnoopZ 10-02-2017 19:21

Personally for me a dedicated remote in each room with a Firestick is easier than having to remember to take your phone from room to room with you as well as the option to install Kodi and Plex is a better option, but as you say each to their own. :)

ThunderPants73 13-02-2017 21:53

I have Kodi on my HTPC, but I have none of the addons that allow people to watch subscription stuff illegally. It's all crap anyway, why break the law for BS programmes?