Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Close Season Transfer Rumour Mill (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33633265)

TheDaddy 22-05-2008 01:22

Close Season Transfer Rumour Mill

Bit premature, what with the play off finals still to be played but what the heck :)

What do we think to this? Any chance of the Spanish manager convincing him to come, might give them a chance to keep Berbatov if he can

Tottenham remain favourites to sign Samuel Eto'o after bidding £24m for the Barcelona striker - £8m more than AC and Inter Milan. (London Evening Standard)

Saaf_laandon_mo 22-05-2008 10:16

Re: Close Season Transfer Rumour Mill

Is Eto worth 24 million tho? I am shocked that bidding for him has got so high.

punky 22-05-2008 10:22

I'd say that Eto'o is probably to replace Berbatov rather than partner him. Especially considering Ramos's comments close season. Eto'o unsurprisingly wants to go to Inter.

Saaf_laandon_mo 22-05-2008 10:24

Punky - are you a spurs fan? If so would you like Eto'o playing for you next season? I think you will get a temperamental player and wouldnt know which Samuel Eto'o tuns up week in week out.

Shadow Demon UK 22-05-2008 10:30

I think you can get better players than Eto'o for £24million, i can't see him wanting to go to Spurs instead of one of the Milan clubs anyway to be honest.

Saaf_laandon_mo 22-05-2008 10:33

Besides who wants to go to a flash in a pan type of team lol....

punky 22-05-2008 10:34

I am a Spurs fan. I'm not sure i'd want Eto'o specifically but I think its good we're at least chasing people of his quality/level. He is temperamental, and you can say that about Berbatov too. I doubt they'd work together. I'm also a fan of signing people who actually want to come to our club (although Hutton hasn't been too bad).

I think £26m is more the fact that we don't want to be left with just Keane and Bent next season, than actual worth.

TheDaddy 22-05-2008 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34557444)
I think you can get better players than Eto'o for £24million.

Really? I think he is top notch, genuine world class.

Shadow Demon UK 22-05-2008 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 34557624)
Really? I think he is top notch, genuine world class.

He used to be imo But i've seen him play a few times this season and he's been poor, Champions league against United was a prime example. I'd rather keep Berbatov than get Eto'o to be honest.

Shadow Demon UK 23-05-2008 16:45

Tottenham assistant manager Gustavo Poyet claims his club have "no interest" in signing Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o. (Ona FM, 1455)

TheDaddy 23-05-2008 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34558488)
Tottenham assistant manager Gustavo Poyet claims his club have "no interest" in signing Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o. (Ona FM, 1455)

I don't believe him, it's been in to many papers to long not to be true and if it were his agent touting him, I am sure he'd have come up with a more successful and glamorous club than Spurs, more likely Eto'o don't wanna play for them imo

SB_07 25-05-2008 04:44

Hleb to leave Arsenal within days...apparently =(

Niles Crane 25-05-2008 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34557791)
He used to be imo But i've seen him play a few times this season and he's been poor, Champions league against United was a prime example. I'd rather keep Berbatov than get Eto'o to be honest.

Despite Barcelona's form and Eto'o's injuries this season, he scored 16 in 18 league games and was the top scorer in the African Nations Cup with 5 goals. Because you think he didn't shine in the few games you saw, you'd rather not have him? Eto'o is a genuine world class striker and a class above Berbatov.

TheDaddy 25-05-2008 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB_07 (Post 34559384)
Hleb to leave Arsenal within days...apparently =(

Marseille's Samir Nasri to replace him apparently, you can probably expect one or both of Lyon's wonder kids to join as well

DocDutch 25-05-2008 14:03

what I've seen of Nasri then hell yeah would love him at Arsenal.... any1 got any offers for Hleb?