Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Output (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704885)

Itshim 13-05-2017 09:41

Output

How many live "outputs" are there on a V6 I know that unlike tivo the scart is disabled . wondering if I would need a splitter to support two TVs as I do now using Hdmi & scart

arcimedes 13-05-2017 09:55

Re: Output

One hdmi port only. I use a splitter to run two TVs and use the V6 remote control to control the V6 from the bedroom

Itshim 13-05-2017 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35898647)
One hdmi port only. I use a splitter to run two TVs and use the V6 remote control to control the V6 from the bedroom

Thank you got the cost down without having to take a V6 didn't really want to set up a new box . £20 per month off now paying £54 a month instead of £74 12 month contract 18 month discount happy days

Mr K 13-05-2017 11:45

The single HDMI output is the main reason I'm not getting the V6 atm. My tivo scart feeds 2 extra TVs and a DVD recorder. Plus ain't really happy the V6 leaches your broadband connection.

OLD BOY 14-05-2017 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35898678)
The single HDMI output is the main reason I'm not getting the V6 atm. My tivo scart feeds 2 extra TVs and a DVD recorder. Plus ain't really happy the V6 leaches your broadband connection.

I think you are missing out, Mr K, the V6 is so much better than the old Tivo. Surely an HDMI/ Scart converter kit is all you need to overcome the issue you have with there being only one HDMI socket? I'm no techie, but I would have thought that this would do the trick.

Mr K 14-05-2017 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35898784)
I think you are missing out, Mr K, the V6 is so much better than the old Tivo. Surely an HDMI/ Scart converter kit is all you need to overcome the issue you have with there being only one HDMI socket? I'm no techie, but I would have thought that this would do the trick.

Yes I've read a lot of people trying that solution to the scart issue. Seem to be mixed results, plus all involved extra clutter/expense. For me I don't have a 4k TV , the space on tivo is more than enough and tend to use my smart TV for streaming iPlayer. A faster box would be nice, but in itself, not worth price of 'upgrade' .

OLD BOY 14-05-2017 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35898796)
Yes I've read a lot of people trying that solution to the scart issue. Seem to be mixed results, plus all involved extra clutter/expense. For me I don't have a 4k TV , the space on tivo is more than enough and tend to use my smart TV for streaming iPlayer. A faster box would be nice, but in itself, not worth price of 'upgrade' .

Yes, I guess it's all a balance, but for me, the old Tivo was becoming an embarrassment, it was so slow. Even just changing a channel seemed to take forever sometimes.

However, if it works for you, that's all that really matters in the end.