Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Revealed: Inside the secretive Tory election call centre (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705039)

Jimmy-J 24-06-2017 03:56

Revealed: Inside the secretive Tory election call centre

Quote:

The Conservative Party contracted a secretive call centre during the election campaign which may have broken data protection and election laws, a Channel 4 News investigation has found.
https://www.channel4.com/news/reveal...on-call-centre

denphone 24-06-2017 05:16

Re: Revealed: Inside the secretive Tory election call centre

One suspects as with all these things it will be the usual slap on the wrist and a small fine.

papa smurf 24-06-2017 10:00

well at least their not communists hell bent on mayhem

denphone 24-06-2017 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35904625)
well at least their not communists hell bent on mayhem

Communists , capitalists and others can all cause mayhem and chaos if you allow them...

nomadking 24-06-2017 10:27

The Labour party has a database of all sorts of personal info about people gleaned from things like phone calls, and you can access it if you're a Labour member.
Quote:

Labour Contact Creator system, an online tool accessible from anywhere with an internet connection. Party members and activists are provided with a username and password and voter contact details, preferences, interests, past voting behaviour, and demographic/socio-economic information are available.
Email Creator allows the user to collect a list of email addresses on the Contact Creator system, e-mail thousands of voters, and monitor the response rate from targets.
Nothing unique.

Taf 24-06-2017 11:06

I had several personalised letters from the PM... whom I detest.

Ramrod 24-06-2017 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35904626)
Communists , capitalists and others can all cause mayhem and chaos if you allow them...

However I'm pretty sure that capitalism didn't kill 100 million people in the last century. I'm no fan of unfettered capitalism but I'd choose it over communism any day.

denphone 24-06-2017 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35904646)
However I'm pretty sure that capitalism didn't kill 100 million people in the last century. I'm no fan of unfettered capitalism but I'd choose it over communism any day.

l never said l was any fan of communism ;) but as l say the others systems have a lot to answer for as well.

Maggy 24-06-2017 15:49

No system is infallible..

Ramrod 24-06-2017 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35904669)
No system is infallible..

True, but communism seems to be fallible every bloody time.

Osem 24-06-2017 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35904687)

Yup. It's a wonder anyone falls for that nonsense anymore but a selective memory helps.

Mr K 24-06-2017 20:31

Quote:

Where as facism always ends well.... Extremes usually aren't a good thing. Think this thread has gone a bit off the rails... :rolleyes:

Back to the Tories breaking electoral rules (again). There's an interesting court case for the MP for Thanet South next month. Theresa might have one less MP, which is handy....

TheDaddy 24-06-2017 22:58

Quote:

I heard something interesting the other day, that the Soviet union failed because the number of people who could remember a time before communism were out numbered by those who couldn't, how bad must it have been before the revolution if that was the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35904691)
Where as facism always ends well.... Extremes usually aren't a good thing. Think this thread has gone a bit off the rails... :rolleyes:

Back to the Tories breaking electoral rules (again). There's an interesting court case for the MP for Thanet South next month. Theresa might have one less MP, which is handy....

I agree extremism, never ends well for anyone.

Uncle Peter 24-06-2017 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35904697)
I heard something interesting the other day, that the Soviet union failed because the number of people who could remember a time before communism were out numbered by those who couldn't, how bad must it have been before the revolution if that was the case.

Before the revolution Russia was one of the poorest countries in the world with a wealth divide somewhat akin to North Korea today.

The Soviet Union failed because communism, Marxism or whatever you want to call it is idealist folly and the divide between the haves and have-nots continued to exist as it did before, this time between the proleteriat and "the party". That's even before mentioning the regime of fear, oppression and the resulting exterminations perpetrated against anyone who dare to stand up to the regime.

TheDaddy 25-06-2017 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35904701)
Before the revolution Russia was one of the poorest countries in the world with a wealth divide somewhat akin to North Korea today.

It was worse, from what little I know of the place it reminds me of medieval serfdom

Quote:

The Soviet Union failed because communism, Marxism or whatever you want to call it is idealist folly and the divide between the haves and have-nots continued to exist as it did before, this time between the proleteriat and "the party". That's even before mentioning the regime of fear, oppression and the resulting exterminations perpetrated against anyone who dare to stand up to the regime.
On this we agree