Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : The Walking Dead (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705818)

telegramsam 14-12-2017 11:02

The Walking Dead

Just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead and I'm really disappointed that the entire episode was in darkness,making it extremely difficult to follow what's happening. Does anyone else find this very annoying?

Paul 14-12-2017 13:22

Re: The Walking Dead

I dont watch the walking dead, so I could not find it annoying specifically in that show.

However, I do find it irritating in other shows.

telegramsam 14-12-2017 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35928824)
I dont watch the walking dead, so I could not find it annoying specifically in that show.

However, I do find it irritating in other shows.

Glad it's not just me then.

Horizon 14-12-2017 20:00

Avoid another Netflix show then, a German show called Dark. As well as the story being dark (about child murder and kidnapping) the show is permanently shot in dimly lit scenes, but if you want a adult drama with a heavy dollop of time travel, this is a good 'urn.

General Maximus 15-12-2017 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35928778)
Just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead and I'm really disappointed that the entire episode was in darkness,making it extremely difficult to follow what's happening. Does anyone else find this very annoying?

which episode?

daveeb 15-12-2017 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35928970)
which episode?

I assume he means episode 8, the half way point of the series.
I can see what he means, however a lot of it was set at night time so darkness is hardly surprising. Didn't particularly ruin it for me.

telegramsam 15-12-2017 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35928970)
which episode?

The one broadcast Monday last.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35928976)
I assume he means episode 8, the half way point of the series.
I can see what he means, however a lot of it was set at night time so darkness is hardly surprising. Didn't particularly ruin it for me.

I know it all took place at night but once upon a time program makers used more light and left the viewer to understand it's dark.

General Maximus 15-12-2017 17:47

I know this is going to sound really stupid and dumb but I didn't even notice it. I had to play the episode again to see what you was going on about because I completely forgot it was set at night time. I know series have dark episodes/night time episodes and it does my nut it when you can hardly see what is going on but although this ep is set at night time I don't think it is too dark. I didn't even think about it at the time and if there was something that was obscured because of the lack of light or I couldn't see what was going on I would have noticed and moaned (to myself) straight away.

daveeb 15-12-2017 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35928979)
The one broadcast Monday last.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

I know it all took place at night but once upon a time program makers used more light and left the viewer to understand it's dark.

To be honest I find the frequent mumbling indistinct dialogue more annoying, perhaps i'm going a bit deaf :shocked:. I do take your point though, they could have used better lighting for some of the scenes. They probably think it's "arty" and atmospheric to watch it through a haze.

telegramsam 16-12-2017 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35929095)
To be honest I find the frequent mumbling indistinct dialogue more annoying, perhaps i'm going a bit deaf :shocked:. I do take your point though, they could have used better lighting for some of the scenes. They probably think it's "arty" and atmospheric to watch it through a haze.

Or just lazy? The actors don't need to do much acting! In fact in many scenes they could of substituted the whole cast and I wouldn't of noticed! Maybe that's what they did gave the cast the Christmas off!

Gavin78 19-12-2017 22:17

Just got into watching this seen as wife bought be upto season 5 2 years ago lol. I'm about 3/4 way through season 3.

I'm surprised with this show how easy they kill characters off

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35929095)

I've noticed that keep having to turn the tv up just to hear what they are saying. either that or I'm on the deff side of turning 40 next year

General Maximus 19-12-2017 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35929558)
I'm surprised with this show how easy they kill characters off

You obviously dont watch Game of Thrones

Gavin78 20-12-2017 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35929567)
You obviously dont watch Game of Thrones

Nope never seen it. Not into shows where majority of them are getting naked just to sell a series.

General Maximus 20-12-2017 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35929558)
I'm surprised with this show how easy they kill characters

Paul 20-12-2017 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35929647)
Nope never seen it. Not into shows where majority of them are getting naked just to sell a series.

Yes, clearly you havent watched it - if thats your belief about its content. :erm:

The majority most certainly dont get naked, in fact its really not that much a part of it at all, and certainly not why people watch it.

General Maximus 14-01-2018 10:09

As per the renewals and cancellations thread, it has just been renewed for a 9th season.

telegramsam 14-01-2018 13:00

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

As you say General no surprise The Walking Dead has been renewed for a 9th season. The makers need to be careful though that they don't drag the battle with the Saviours on to long because people will eventually get bored of it. Just my opinion,other opinions are available!

General Maximus 14-01-2018 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35932468)
The makers need to be careful though that they don't drag the battle with the Saviours on to long because people will eventually get bored of it

I was sick and tired of it before it even began. The season 6 finale did my head just because the events leading up to it were just so unrealistic. I don't need happy endings but the relentless pounding they do in season 7 did my head in and I said back then that if it continued I wouldn't bother watching it any more. They need to get this saviours story line out of the way, bring everyone together as a new community and get back to zombie stuff.

telegramsam 14-01-2018 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35932496)
I was sick and tired of it before it even began. The season 6 finale did my head just because the events leading up to it were just so unrealistic. I don't need happy endings but the relentless pounding they do in season 7 did my head in and I said back then that if it continued I wouldn't bother watching it any more. They need to get this saviours story line out of the way, bring everyone together as a new community and get back to zombie stuff.

Yes I agree 100%/

General Maximus 03-02-2018 19:15

daveeb 03-02-2018 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35932496)

Spot on GM, they should let bygones be bygones, kiss and make up with Negan, and get back to the whole point of the series. Alternatively take the Saviours out (as long as it takes no more than about 20 minutes of the first episode) then, as you say, get back to some serious zombie culling.

telegramsam 04-02-2018 13:51

Agree entirely,high time the saviours were defeated and they got back to fighting the zombies.

daveeb 04-02-2018 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35935500)
Agree entirely,high time the saviours were defeated and they got back to fighting the zombies.

:tu: Lets hope AMC are reading this.

General Maximus 16-04-2018 12:09

stupid finale and really annoying. It is unrealistic that after having been pummelled all this time that they let everyone go free and they magically have a change of heart and aren't going to cause any trouble. They should have killed Neegan and the saviours for retribution, prevent any uprisings in the future and draw a line to start a new. They then could have gone back to the sanctuary and got the normal families and workers and liberated them and started the new plan. You can't tell me that the power hungry woman with the bitchy attitude who turned D in had an epiphany and is now content playing with her plant pots and being run of the mill Joe Bloggs. They obviously feel like they need to keep them around for the story and some friction next season but for god sake MOVE ON!. Everyone is sick and tired of it. :rant:

denphone 16-04-2018 12:23

For once l agree with you General.:tu:

General Maximus 16-04-2018 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35943798)
For once

:confused: It should be all the time :dunce:

General Maximus 30-05-2018 17:46

Quote:

Could Rick be leaving The Walking Dead? According to Collider, Andrew Lincoln will exit the AMC TV show during season nine.

Lincoln plays Rick Grimes on the hit zombie drama, which also stars Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Lennie James, Alanna Masterson, and Josh McDermitt.

While AMC has not confirmed the report, Collider says Andrew Lincoln will be leaving The Walking Dead in the middle of the show’s upcoming ninth season. Already, we know that star Lauren Cohan is only contracted for six episodes of season nine since ABC picked up her pilot, Whiskey Cavalier.

Pierre 31-05-2018 09:32

Time to call time on the Walking Dead.

Fear the walking dead is far better this season

telegramsam 31-05-2018 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35948704)
Time to call time on the Walking Dead.

Fear the walking dead is far better this season

Not sure I agree with you although they will need to improve on the last serries if they want to pull in the viewers.

General Maximus 31-05-2018 18:47

like with Daniel Craig and James Bond, I am always a bit cynical about these things and wonder if he says he isn't interested in doing it in interviews and stuff and "I have had a great time on the series but I feel the time has come to move on and try something different bla bla bla" so that when it comes round to renewing the contracts they assume he doesn't want to do it and offer him a ridiculous amount of money to stay.

telegramsam 02-06-2018 13:39

The program needs freshening up in my opinion and new characters and story-lines are what is needed.