Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Judge Dredd Series (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704884)

pip08456 13-05-2017 03:07

Judge Dredd Series

This has only 2 ways to go. Either brilliant and fun to watch or in the bin.
I hope it's the former.

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One TV show announced!

denphone 13-05-2017 05:43

Re: Judge Dredd

Lets hope its the former Pip and not the latter.

Paul 13-05-2017 17:17

Should be good, if its done well, we will see.

General Maximus 13-05-2017 18:39

ya, the fact that Rebellion are involved is inspiring. With regard to my "realism" factor, they just need to make sure it has a sufficient budget so they can create the world/universe he lives in and accurately tell the story.

adzii_nufc 13-05-2017 22:16

Karl Urban style please. I suppose this means a sequel to Dredd is off the table then.

General Maximus 13-05-2017 22:22

I would absolutely love them to do a sequel to the original with Sly in it, it would be epic.

adzii_nufc 15-05-2017 18:42

I did enjoy the commonly panned Stallone version but I enjoyed Karl Urban as Dredd more. Especially as I expected very little from Urban due to his previous roles. Since then I've come to like him as an actor thus appreciating his role in Star Trek as Bones.

If he's aa badass as Karl Urban made him it'll do well as a procedural post apocalyptic crime show.

TheDaddy 15-05-2017 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35898934)
I did enjoy the commonly panned Stallone version but I enjoyed Karl Urban as Dredd more. Especially as I expected very little from Urban due to his previous roles. Since then I've come to like him as an actor thus appreciating his role in Star Trek as Bones.

If he's aa badass as Karl Urban made him it'll do well as a procedural post apocalyptic crime show.

If he keeps his helmet on like urban did and sly didn't it'd be a start.

General Maximus 16-05-2017 00:12

tbh I don't understand why Karl Urban shouldn't/couldn't do it. He has clearly shown he is up for doing a tv series when he did Almost Human and it would be a good job for him on the side while he bangs out the bigys like Star Trek every couple of years.

Stephen 16-05-2017 09:11

I read 200AD as a teen and loved Dredd, but that Stallone movie was atrocious. I remember going to see it in the cinema and thought, what have they done to Dredd.

The Karl Urban film on the other hand was terrific and exactly what I wanted from a Dredd movie, fairly low budget and dark and gritty. Can't think of anyone else I'd be happy with portraying him.

denphone 16-05-2017 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35898990)
I read 200AD as a teen and loved Dredd, but that Stallone movie was atrocious. I remember going to see it in the cinema and thought, what have they done to Dredd.

The Karl Urban film on the other hand was terrific and exactly what I wanted from a Dredd movie, fairly low budget and dark and gritty. Can't think of anyone else I'd be happy with portraying him.

Lets hope its the second one as l have had great hopes for some films before and when l watched them they were a utter disappointment sadly.