Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Superhub : Problem checking web mail (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704580)

dodgem22 20-03-2017 20:10

Re: Problem checking web mail

It has been sporadic for months. I dont see many consumers running their own email systems or knowing how to. I would not have a clue.

I pay Virgin a lot of money so I would hope more times than not it would work I know no service is entirely fault free.

Mr K 20-03-2017 20:54

Vm's webmail has been 'flaky' for years. Seems to be difficult to provide and maintain for some reason.

gulf4uk 20-03-2017 21:06

amazing its working here this evening One small Snag though most of mail is going
straight to Spam folder not downloading to inbox live mail oh well one day perhaps

Paul 20-03-2017 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgem22 (Post 35890945)
I pay Virgin a lot of money so I would hope more times than not it would work I know no service is entirely fault free.

You dont pay them a lot for an e-mail service, overall its probably just pence in the rental cost.

It does work more times than not, in fact in recent years outages and issues have been very rare.
From my POV my cable connection has failed more times in the last 6 years than my e-mail (and I can count the cable failures on one hand, with fingers to spare).

Mr K 20-03-2017 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35890964)
You dont pay them a lot for an e-mail service, overall its probably just pence in the rental cost.

It does work more times than not, in fact in recent years outages and issues have been very rare.
From my POV my cable connection has failed more times in the last 6 years than my e-mail (and I can count the cable failures on one hand, with fingers to spare).

Is that web mail though ? Normal email is fine, it's accessing through a web interface that always been pants with VM.

Paul 20-03-2017 23:00

Yes, web mail, I use that to access it from work.

Ken W 21-03-2017 08:33

I am on the Thames Valley area and I unable to get to the VM home page to collect my mail yet again. :(

When is VM going to sort this problem out?

Gavin-D 21-03-2017 08:49

Homepage and Email have both crashed yet again becoming an absolute joke now nearly every week something is crashing

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

My Virgin media is also down so I can't even check the service status

:rolleyes:

dodgem22 21-03-2017 09:16

yep every week its something just lately. Im afraid I may have to jump ship. Normal email and webmail down here again.

Synthetic 21-03-2017 09:22

Definitely something going on, or an area fault but seems a bit coincidental

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6148878022

Power levels etc are perfect so it's not a line fault.

Kushan 21-03-2017 11:23

Don't use an ISP provided email service. It's pretty low on their list of priorities to maintain and run, but more importantly you have no guarantee to keep it if you ever change ISP's - a form of lock in.

Use one of the MANY free email providers like Outlook or Gmail.

Incidentally, I think in the 13 years I've used gmail I've had maybe 1 issue.

admars 21-03-2017 12:21

working again now for me :)

dodgem22 21-03-2017 13:39

Kushan Thank you for that advice thats what I am going to do

Gavin-D 21-03-2017 14:05

Emails working in a fashion keep getting server issues and the home page has died again

Scrap that it's all died again

Paul 21-03-2017 14:56

Latest fix estimate is tomorrow ;

Quote:

Customers may be unable to acess Webmail at the moment, you may be finding 3 loading dots loading on screen

Fix estimate 22 March 13:05.