Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

tizmeinnit 13-07-2014 20:02

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35713952)
Since I retired and no longer needed to wear formal clothes I have only ironed half a dozen items and on every occasions it was with great sadness. It appears that the only times I now use my iron is when someone dies. I hate my iron.

unless you are going around smacking people over the head with it it has nothing to do with it :)

joglynne 13-07-2014 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35713954)
unless you are going around smacking people over the head with it it has nothing to do with it :)

It has become a symbol of great sadness tiz. I hate not being able to control things that happen around me so now having to set up my ironing board and plug in my iron is only ever done with a heavy heart.

Hom3r 13-07-2014 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35713505)
They will be ringing you up to try and get your business, as they know it is due for renewal...

They are 'pre-vetting' you.

Not if you are TPS registered.

Pauls9 14-07-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35713609)
You might want to check with the Credit Reference company - when I worked in Consumer Credit, too many credit checks negatively affected your Credit Score, as (then, mid 2000s), some people would try a number of different stores to get credit arrangements.

It may have changed in the last ten years.....

Thanks Hugh. That was my underlying concern.

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2014 12:49

DWP. I mentioned a while ago about how a relative was going to pay that loan back for me, well she gave me the money to put into my account so I could issue a cheque for it. They tell me it was presented and bounced, Nat West tell me it has never been presented for payment. Back and forth this morning I go between them, only to finally lose my patience and cancel the cheque. Now get a letter telling that a supposed bounced cheque has paid the loan back in full. Now I need to find out if I can un-cancel a cheque.

I feel like screaming a swear word at the top of my lungs.

weenie 14-07-2014 12:59

Mark I'm pretty sure that once a cheque is cashed it cannot be cancelled I maybe wrong.

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2014 13:11

But that is the point, money has been there for 2 weeks now, and they say they presented it and it bounced. Nat West have no record of a cheque being cashed since I last wrote one in 2011.

weenie 14-07-2014 13:25

So what cheque paid the loan? I can see why you are getting angry Mark very confusing but that's banks for you. At least you have a letter saying the loan is paid in full.
I hope you get it sorted soon Mark.

Taf 14-07-2014 16:04

Doctor's surgery staff who can't read repeat prescription forms.

"Cross out what you don't need". I did and they still issued a script for that item.

"Tick the items you need". I did and they didn't issue a script for that item!

This must be their 50th cock-up with our prescriptions in only a couple of years!!

weenie 14-07-2014 16:09

Sometimes things that are meant to make life a little easier doesn't Taf. Sorry to hear about your repeat prescription problem.

TheDaddy 14-07-2014 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35713952)
Since I retired and no longer needed to wear formal clothes I have only ironed half a dozen items and on every occasions it was with great sadness. It appears that the only times I now use my iron is when someone dies. I hate my iron.

How many of those half dozen items were socks though, I'm gonna guess all of them

joglynne 14-07-2014 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35714184)
How many of those half dozen items were socks though, I'm gonna guess all of them

Wish that they were Daddy. :D Mainly shirts I am sorry to say. I would gladly iron socks if it could bring back those I have lost over the last couple of years.

heero_yuy 14-07-2014 17:58

I've never heard of anybody ironing socks ( until now ). Last time I got the iron out was to put a repair patch on my short shorts.

nashville 14-07-2014 18:50

I always iron socks. Thought everyone did. They look nicer when you put them in the drawer.

weenie 14-07-2014 18:54

So did I nashillle I always iron socks and I agree they look nicer ironed.