Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704751)

Stephen 16-07-2017 00:57

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) teaser

A new behind the scenes clip was shown off at D23 today.

Dude111 16-07-2017 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegun
I hope this film does something different rather just the re-hash of the first and third films that the last one was. Looks like it will be another Empire Strikes Back where all hope is almost lost but for an "I'm your father" moment, just before Luke dies. That's my guess..

Thats all they seem to be able to do now.... Take old things which were beautiful and make them crap.........

Pretty sad....

General Maximus 16-07-2017 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 35908013)
Thats all they seem to be able to do now.... Take old things which were beautiful and make them crap.........

Pretty sad....

That is a shame and I think you should give it a chance. They are never going to beat the original trilogy but I think this one looks really good. Episode VII was a bit of a copy cat but I am dying to see Luke teach Rey the ways of the Force in this one and hopefully get some of John Williams' theme music in there.

You really need to give it a chance. I am more cynical than most people and as soon as I heard they were making standalone movies a few years ago I sighed and moaned and said they were just doing it for the £££. When the trailer for Rogue One came out I was speechless. I went to the midnight premiere for it and was blown away and it is now my favourite Star Wars movie out of the whole lot.

I think some of the cheesy cute animals spoil it for me because you can tell they have been put in for effect (like the remastered versions of the original trilogy) but I like to focus on the story and the characters. This one is going to be special because it is the last time we are ever going to see Leia.

denphone 18-07-2017 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35908007)
A new behind the scenes clip was shown off at D23 today.

Excellent.:tu:

admars 09-10-2017 12:53

so there was 10 second teaser last night, ready for the new trailer which premiers in the ad break of a "football" match in USA tonight, followed by ticket sales,...

Quote:

Stay on target! UK tickets for The Last Jedi will be on sale at 7AM on Tuesday and the new trailer will debut even earlier. MTFBWY

General Maximus 09-10-2017 15:36

Where did you get that info from. I dont believe they are going to put them up for advanced booking before Justice League comes out. Last year they wouldnt release the tickets for Rogue One until Fantastic Beasts was out and that was something like 20th November.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

I have just got an email from Odeon. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 0700.

denphone 10-10-2017 05:27

The Last Jedi trailer is out.

admars 10-10-2017 06:37

tickets booked :) I remember this happened last year, they were meant to go on sale 23:00 for Rogue one, but I got myself ready logged in at 22:30 and got them.

General Maximus 10-10-2017 07:16

Odeon are absolutely terrible. It is 07:15 and the tickets still aren't available.

denphone 10-10-2017 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35919633)
Odeon are absolutely terrible. It is 07:15 and the tickets still aren't available.

Either that or their site has gone down General.

General Maximus 10-10-2017 07:42

Not yet, you can tell loads of people are on it because it is very sluggish. It crashed last year when they putthe tickets up for Rogue One at midnight. It took me 40 mins before i finally got them.

denphone 10-10-2017 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35919635)
Not yet, you can tell loads of people are on it because it is very sluggish. It crashed last year when they putthe tickets up for Rogue One at midnight. It took me 40 mins before i finally got them.

To be perfectly honest their site ain't that good in my opinion as its poorly laid out and pretty slow as well.

Stephen 10-10-2017 08:20

Got my ticket booked. Midnight showing at my Glasgow Cineworld sold out in 2D and 3D so have had to book the double feature showing with Force Awakens starting at 9pm on the 13th.

admars 10-10-2017 09:01

I got my tickets at 6:30 for Odeon, like last year the "broke" the embargo, I remember year before it was painfully slow when they went on sale.

DocDutch 10-10-2017 09:13

tickets booked at Showcase :) for the 14th :) :D :) :D