Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704203)

passingbat 09-03-2017 13:20

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35889259)
I agree. It's on Tivo in the US and there were reports it was being tested here. .

That's a different scenario in the US; most Tivos are not tied to a provider; they're bought just as a PVR. Some cable companies (I think, though not sure) will provide a Tivo as an option.

Technically Amazon Prime video could be added to Tivo and V6, providing that functionality was added in one of the Tivo updates which I suspect it was.

denphone 09-03-2017 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35889304)
That's a different scenario in the US; most Tivos are not tied to a provider; they're bought just as a PVR. Some cable companies (I think, though not sure) will provide a Tivo as an option.

Technically Amazon Prime video could be added to Tivo and V6, providing that functionality was added in one of the Tivo updates which I suspect it was.

Oh dear more speculation awaits now PB.;):D

OLD BOY 09-03-2017 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35889290)
It was delayed for technical reason which i did post on here about at the time MR i'm so correct.

Sorry, missed that, theone. Do you know what that technical reason was, and whether it would take an age to resolve?

passingbat 09-03-2017 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35889305)
Oh dear more speculation awaits now PB.;):D

I can't see it not to have been added.

The US Premier was updated over a year ago to be able to stream Prime Video (Previously the Premier could only download purchased Amazon video, but not stream Prime video).

The Tivo has had several updates since then, and it would be strange not to have added that functionality in my view.

denphone 09-03-2017 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35889312)
I can't see it not to have been added.

The US Premier was updated over a year ago to be able to stream Prime Video (Previously the Premier could only download purchased Amazon video, but not stream Prime video).

The Tivo has had several updates since then, and it would be strange not to have added that functionality in my view.

It really depends on how much truth there is in the validity of the source PB.:)

1andrew1 09-03-2017 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35889313)
It really depends on how much truth there is in the validity of the source PB.:)

I still chuckle at the person who posted before BT Sport started to say we were definitely getting BT Sport and Sky Atlantic and then was never heard of again. Happy days! :)

muppetman11 09-03-2017 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35889307)
Sorry, missed that, theone. Do you know what that technical reason was, and whether it would take an age to resolve?

Doesn't sound like a technical issue at all.
Quote:

Already Liberty has integrated Netflix and Nair said other IP services would be added. “Amazon’s not on that list,” he remarked. “When our interests and amazons interests are level then maybe.”
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...ns-back-on-5g/

theone2k10 09-03-2017 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35889307)

No idea mate but given what was posted today the reason could of been no deal struck yet or they are waiting to see how stable the v6 is.
Hoping to have more news soon.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35889314)
I still chuckle at the person who posted before BT Sport started to say we were definitely getting BT Sport and Sky Atlantic and then was never heard of again. Happy days! :)

I remember that lol ok i get a lot wrong due to mis-information but i still hang around and take the stick on the chin lol all part of the banter, some do go a tad to far or catch me on a off day lol.

OLD BOY 09-03-2017 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35889314)

Well, at least he was half right!

passingbat 09-03-2017 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35889313)

I'm not sure which source you are referring to? If Tivo had the Premier update, then it is indisputably technically possible.

Whether Amazon and LG have come to a deal, I don't have a clue. I have four devices that give me 1080p and 5.1, so it is not an issue for me. And I don't get why people are waiting for Amazon Prime to be added to Tivo, when there are inexpensive devices available that have been around for ages that provide both Amazon and Netflix, plus other services.

Ultimate.Conj 09-03-2017 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35889320)
I'm not sure which source you are referring to? If Tivo had the Premier update, then it is indisputably technically possible.

Whether Amazon and LG have come to a deal, I don't have a clue. I have four devices that give me 1080p and 5.1, so it is not an issue for me. And I don't get why people are waiting for Amazon Prime to be added to Tivo, when there are inexpensive devices available that have been around for ages that provide both Amazon and Netflix, plus other services.

They are both on most Smart TVs as well.
The PQ is better through the TV app too, specially the 4K content due to the lack of HDR on the V6 at the moment.

1andrew1 09-03-2017 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35889319)
Well, at least he was half right!

Yes. It was his unusual approach though. He was called Bomber Harris or something. He posted the news very cryptically and convincingly as if he was a VM negotiator, and then was never heard from again! Happy days. :)

denphone 09-03-2017 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35889322)
Yes. It was his unusual approach though. He was called Bomber Harris or something. He posted the news very cryptically and convincingly as if he was a VM negotiator, and then was never heard from again! Happy days. :)

l heard he was a close relation to you Andrew.;):D

muppetman11 09-03-2017 16:32

My previous post illustrates it's commercial negotiations that's currently holding Amazons arrival up rather than a technical issue.

denphone 09-03-2017 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35889324)
My previous post illustrates it's commercial negotiations that's currently holding Amazons arrival up rather than a technical issue.

l quite agree MM as from what l have heard it has nothing to do with a technical issue.