Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Scammers new tricks.... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705335)

Taf 01-09-2017 14:30

Scammers new tricks....

A very pretty Hungarian woman on our doorstep just tried to sign me up to a gas and electricity tariff with a company I have never heard of. And I have received 3 phonecalls today offering the same. All saying they are from a comparison site that "everyone in the UK" uses, moneysavers.com.

Nope it's a scam just like those clothing collectors saying they are collecting for "helicopters for blind premature babies". I called the police and they asked where she was as many complaints have been received from around the city.

Damien 01-09-2017 14:41

Re: Scammers new tricks....

How can a blind baby pilot a helicopter? Even a non-blind baby would struggle. Awful idea.

papa smurf 01-09-2017 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35914867)
How can a blind baby pilot a helicopter? Even a non-blind baby would struggle. Awful idea.

that's your trouble you don't think outside of the box ,just sit back and take a helicopter overview of the situation ;)

heero_yuy 01-09-2017 14:53

I've recently had some scam phone calls (Comes up as International) claiming to be the Inland Revenue and that I must call number xyz to avoid serious legal consequences. It's a recorded female voice with a thick foreign accent.

As a friend of mine who works in the IR says that's something they would never do. They write to you if there's a problem.

daveeb 01-09-2017 23:07

I'd like a pretty hungarian woman on my doorstep selling me dubious energy deals so I can mull it over :D

Qtx 04-09-2017 15:50

Better than some anonymous ebayer selling you a vectra1 that doesn't exist.

Hom3r 05-09-2017 16:40

I keep getting the "You've been involved in a accident" calls.

I keep forgetting to say "Do you mean the one involving the elephant and 200 gallons of lubricant?" :D

Ken W 05-09-2017 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35915382)

I keep forgetting to say "Do you mean the one involving the elephant and 200 gallons of lubricant?" :D

I get lots of those calls so must remember that quote.

Gary L 10-09-2017 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35915382)

I had to have a little think but I got it!

a cupful was enough for me. but that was a sheep.