Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Mobile Roaming (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694716)

Buzzby 16-08-2013 14:35

Mobile Roaming

In June this year I contacted Virgin mobile to have roaming added on my mob when I went to the canaries. Needless to say it did not work.
I will now be trying to do this for Crete soon. I hope it will work or else I will just go back to my old supplier O2. It worked fine then.
The mob no is a ported no into virgin, that may be the cause of the trouble.
We will see!!!!!

:afire

Ben B 16-08-2013 14:44

Re: Mobile Roaming

If you log in to your online account it should tell you whether you have roaming enabled, just make sure this says you are enabled and if it doesn't give them a ring

Buzzby 18-09-2013 23:23

Later on I went to Crete, it worked ok. Thanks for the tip.

;)

arcimedes 17-03-2014 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben B (Post 35611107)
If you log in to your online account it should tell you whether you have roaming enabled, just make sure this says you are enabled and if it doesn't give them a ring

I might have the same problem as the OP. So here goes.
I contacted VM to have roaming switched on (on March 3) and the this was switched on. However I find that if I log into my account it says Roaming switch off, but if I check by dialling 789 it says Roaming switched on.

On contacting VM today (as advised by Virgin's help & support forum) it was confirmed that roaming is switched on and that perhaps there are problems updating my account. So is roaming on or off?

Ben B 18-03-2014 10:42

I think there's a problem with the online indicator as a family member recently went abroad and it was the same case as you, CS said it was on and the website said off and it turned out to be on so if CS say it's on it will be on

arcimedes 18-03-2014 11:04

Thanks. Thats very good to know

Sirius 18-03-2014 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35681225)
Thanks. Thats very good to know

I had the same issue and was only able to confirm it was set right when i was on my holiday in Malta

Buzzby 27-05-2014 17:24

:mad:Yes it's me again. I went to the canaries again, my two phones again didn't work. Yes I had checked on my a/c that I had international roaming set on both.

I could receive calls but not make any. I was being served by Orange who referred me to call 470, which referred me to 470 again. The virgin welcome text provided tel nos which would not work.

I tried the usual 07... 00447.. and +447... prefixes nothing worked. GGGRRR!!!

I wasn't the only one with this problem. I met a businessman who ran his business from his smartphone on Virgin, he had the same trouble. He told me he had met others in the same crappy predicament all on Virgin.

Virgin what are you doing to your customers? Are you trying to shed customers?

:mad:

arcimedes 27-05-2014 17:41

On the Virgin Media forum I recall seeing a statement by them about problems in Spain and as the Canaries are Spanish the same problem may be affecting them.

BeeVee 28-05-2014 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzby (Post 35701885)
:mad:Yes it's me again. I went to the canaries again, my two phones again didn't work. Yes I had checked on my a/c that I had international roaming set on both.

I could receive calls but not make any. I was being served by Orange who referred me to call 470, which referred me to 470 again. The virgin welcome text provided tel nos which would not work.

I tried the usual 07... 00447.. and +447... prefixes nothing worked. GGGRRR!!!

I wasn't the only one with this problem. I met a businessman who ran his business from his smartphone on Virgin, he had the same trouble. He told me he had met others in the same crappy predicament all on Virgin.

Virgin what are you doing to your customers? Are you trying to shed customers?

:mad:

Same for me in Marbella last month, you can only receive calls and send and receive texts. You can't phone out to anyone as it won't work.

Rang Virgin after coming home who said it's a problem in Spain and the Orange network.

qasdfdsaq 29-05-2014 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35701891)
On the Virgin Media forum I recall seeing a statement by them about problems in Spain and as the Canaries are Spanish the same problem may be affecting them.

Indeed, the networks in the canaries are the same Spanish national operators as the rest of Spain.

Problems like these are the main reason I ensure my two phones are on two different networks.

BenMcr 29-05-2014 15:42

I was in Gran Canaria last week and had no issues at all. Calls, Texts and Data all worked as they should.