Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Booking Ryanair flights (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705717)

Osem 21-11-2017 09:16

Booking Ryanair flights

Hi guys. Is it possible to buy flights on the Ryanair UK website even if the person (British citizen) the flights are for is in another country? The flights would be a flight to the UK from the EU and then a return back to the country of origin? We understand that booking return flights from that country is more expensive than here for some reason. If that isn't possible and there is a significant price difference, I imagine it might be worth them booking a one way ticket here and then purchasing their ticket back when they're here.

I may be missing something of course so any advice gratefully received.

TIA as always. :tu:

SnoopZ 21-11-2017 10:03

Re: Booking Ryanair flights

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35925745)
Hi guys. Is it possible to buy flights on the Ryanair UK website even if the person (British citizen) the flights are for is in another country? The flights would be a flight to the UK from the EU and then a return back to the country of origin? We understand that booking return flights from that country is more expensive than here for some reason. If that isn't possible and there is a significant price difference, I imagine it might be worth them booking a one way ticket here and then purchasing their ticket back when they're here.

I may be missing something of course so any advice gratefully received.

TIA as always. :tu:

I often buy flights for someone on the UK website that is not a British citizen, when they fly to the UK and then back again using my credit card.

The only difference is the cost of the flight is in Euros.

All i can suggest is just try and do it.

Osem 21-11-2017 14:35

Thanks. If you're booking them on the UK website why is the price in Euros, not Sterling? It is a British citizen who's staying in the EU for now so will be coming here then going back there.

SnoopZ 21-11-2017 16:39

Its in the euro because that is where the outbound flight starts, not sure if it is possible to change it to £s.

You wont have any problems so go ahead and book it, best to book a seat at the same time and priority boarding.

Osem 21-11-2017 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35925793)
Its in the euro because that is where the outbound flight starts, not sure if it is possible to change it to £s.

You wont have any problems so go ahead and book it, best to book a seat at the same time and priority boarding.

Oh OK just wondered if there was some reason they wouldn't want people booking remotely to, for example, avoid higher local fares. If the fares are the same whichever end you book from I can see there'd be no reason for them to bother but I seem to recall years ago that it was more expensive to book flights overseas to come to the UK then go back rather than booking the exact same flights from the UK. Having said that, it was before the country in question was in the EU so maybe now that's the reason there's no longer any difference in price whichever end you book from if indeed that is the case. :shrug:

Don't have any exact dates yet so can't book anything until I do.