Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Taf 04-07-2014 13:19

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Slamtech, part of the new www.play.com online store.

Ordered a mobile phone battery on 7th April.

It turned up but was about a millimetre too long.

Sent it back once they responded to the last of multiple emails and gave me a freepost return address.

They said they sent a replacement on 21st April, it didn't arrive so they blamed Royal Mail on 25th June after many emails to them.

They said they sent a replacement on 25th June and it still hasn't arrived and they are no longer responding to emails or their (well hidden) phone number.

Judging by the feedback on their site, I am not the only one having problems. Play.com don't respond to emails so far either!!!

I hate it when online shops do this!!!!!!

Hom3r 04-07-2014 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyds (Post 35711903)
When it comes to bone-headedness like that I usually fall back on the argument "buy cheap, buy twice".

I go by, buy Apple pay 3x what you need too.

MalteseFalcon 04-07-2014 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35711905)
Slamtech, part of the new www.play.com online store.

Ordered a mobile phone battery on 7th April.

It turned up but was about a millimetre too long.

Sent it back once they responded to the last of multiple emails and gave me a freepost return address.

They said they sent a replacement on 21st April, it didn't arrive so they blamed Royal Mail on 25th June after many emails to them.

They said they sent a replacement on 25th June and it still hasn't arrived and they are no longer responding to emails or their (well hidden) phone number.

Judging by the feedback on their site, I am not the only one having problems. Play.com don't respond to emails so far either!!!

I hate it when online shops do this!!!!!!

Stopped using Play years ago, Amazon or eBay now for me.

Stuart 04-07-2014 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35711916)
I go by, buy Apple pay 3x what you need too.

In fairness to Apple, the Cinema Display is a damn good monitor, it just doesn't have the colour calibration we need.

i think the problem is that I come from parents who believed in good value. When specifying a machine I try to keep the costs to a minimum by buying the equipment I think will give us what we need, reliably and at the lowest price.

For instance, I won't specify a £600 graphics card where a £400 (or even £200) one will cover our current and future needs., so when someone comes along and tries to cut my specification even further, it sometimes causes problems, but also annoys me.

weenie 04-07-2014 23:06

When no reply speak a thousand words ... :( very sad in some cases but true oh well life goes on, there's always tomorrow ;) A bit cryptic I know but all will be revealed soon.

MalteseFalcon 05-07-2014 00:19

One of my favourite bands Metallica played Glastonbury last weekend and now playing Sonisphere on Sunday in Knebworth. All tickets sold out for both, so downloaded their Glastonbury set but will miss the Sonisphere set. Gutted.

weenie 05-07-2014 00:21

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Uncle Peter 09-07-2014 16:13

Windows Server 2008R2 "Mumbai Edition"

complete with three default gateways

dilli-theclaw 09-07-2014 20:50

We had to have the cat that we rescued put down today as he had leukaemia - RIP lucky :(

weenie 09-07-2014 21:10

Sorry to hear that dilli.

MalteseFalcon 09-07-2014 21:11

That sucks, had to put my first pet down the other year. Thought I would be able to cope, but didn't. It does get better with time.

denphone 09-07-2014 21:24

l am sorry to hear of your bad news as our pets are such a important part of the family.

joglynne 09-07-2014 21:34

Sorry to hear about Lucky Dilli.

I know that you had not had him for long but in the short time you did have him I know you both became very attached to him. He didn't have the best of starts but at least you both gave him a taste of what his life should have been like from the beginning.

Hugs to both you and Natalie.

Run free over the Rainbow Bridge sweet Lucky.

tizmeinnit 09-07-2014 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35713085)
We had to have the cat that we rescued put down today as he had leukaemia - RIP lucky :(

least you made his last days great ones :(

Pauls9 11-07-2014 12:07

The car insurance companies I made enquiries with a year ago (and didn't use) are making credit checks on me again. Why? Should I be concerned? Should I complain?