Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Microsoft Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Xbox One Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33693514)

Tezcatlipoca 26-11-2013 01:44

Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35649332)
Looked at trading in my PS3 and 360 will all games and accessories to see if I could get a One soon but prices are rotten.

Game will only give me £10 for a launch PS3 60GB and £63 for a 250Gb 360 Slim, £3 for Kinect and about £10 each for my extra Dual Shock 3 and 360 controller. Would get £93 for my Wii U as well. Not really worth it TBH.

Those prices are awful! :shocked:

I was thinking of taking my old Kinect and Wii to GAME... don't know if I'll bother now.

cimt 26-11-2013 01:51

Was that £10 on the Game website? If so it's a placeholder price because they don't accept at least launch and 80GB PS3s, same with Grainger Games.

Harryn9000 26-11-2013 02:33

game just scrap them fella it not worth it anyone used play asia for game looking 40 quid for xbox one games

SnoopZ 26-11-2013 11:11

Ok i have messed around with things and i still have the problem which makes watching TV unusable through the console, i haven't contacted MS yet as i wanted things to settle down first and give them a chance to fix this issue with a possible update, also looking at this thread there are loads of people with the same issue and some of them are in the states.

I have again gone back to the old way of viewing TV.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x...t/1625661.aspx

Things i have tried:

Snapping an app while watching TV = picture still freezes

Swapping HDMI cables around = Picture still freezes

Turning off 'Instant On' = Picture still freezes

Changing my cable box to 720P output = Picture still freezes

Swearing at it = Picture still freezes

Sigma 26-11-2013 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35649282)
How noisy is your PSU? Mine is not audible over games/media, but is noticeable when everything else is quiet.

Yeah, same here, Matt. Nobody would listen to the noise mine makes and say "that's loud!", but being able to hear it when the console is turned off is a bit annoying.

Tezcatlipoca 26-11-2013 16:46

Someone has created this pretty good community feedback site:

http://xboxfeedback.com/

I've added mine to the Comments page.

According to the associated reddit thread, majornelson has already passed the address on to the relevant people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...of_issues_and/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 35649521)
Yeah, same here, Matt. Nobody would listen to the noise mine makes and say "that's loud!", but being able to hear it when the console is turned off is a bit annoying.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My paranoid OCD has been making me worry I need a new PSU.

Tezcatlipoca 26-11-2013 19:58

For those who got Forza 5 via the Day One Edition:

The card with the QR code actually gives you the game plus a "Day One Car Pack"... but the QR code only seems to add the game to your account (at least for me and various other people), so you may need to also manually enter the second code listed on the card to obtain the car pack.

SnoopZ 26-11-2013 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35649604)

The card with the QR code actually gives you the game plus a "Day One Car Pack"... but the QR code only seems to add the game to your account (at least for me and various other people), so you may need to also manually enter the second code listed on the card to obtain the car pack.

Yes i happened to notice that the other day that you had to use that code card twice. :)

nstokes 27-11-2013 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35649604)

Im gutted the Xbox Store version of Forza 5 isnt Day One edition. I thought that the Day One edition was not only exclusive to Game but would also be via the Xbox Games Store

SnoopZ 27-11-2013 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35649706)
Im gutted the Xbox Store version of Forza 5 isnt Day One edition. I thought that the Day One edition was not only exclusive to Game but would also be via the Xbox Games Store

The Day edition was for someone pre-ordering Forza 5 for day one.

I think Game were selling the Forza Limited Edition pack which included the 'Day One cars' it was different from the day one cars version of the game, see the bottom of this link.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US...M5_LE_Announce

edit

Actually looking at the game site it does look like they say exclusive to the day one pack, however this probably didn't include the fact that all day one forza edition consoles got the Forza car pack too, and you could buy the Forza edition console from anywhere.

nstokes 27-11-2013 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35649722)
The Day edition was for someone pre-ordering Forza 5 for day one.

I think Game were selling the Forza Limited Edition pack which included the 'Day One cars' it was different from the day one cars version of the game, see the bottom of this link.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US...M5_LE_Announce

edit

Actually looking at the game site it does look like they say exclusive to the day one pack, however this probably didn't include the fact that all day one forza edition consoles got the Forza car pack too, and you could buy the Forza edition console from anywhere.

Oh ok that explains it. I was under the impression Day One editions were exclusive to Game and MS but seems that was incorrect. Oh well

SnoopZ 27-11-2013 12:42

I am really hoping they reduce the price of digital downloads as £55 is too much but that is cheaper than on the PS4 where they're are priced at £60 after Sony reduced them buy £3s.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35649727)
Oh ok that explains it. I was under the impression Day One editions were exclusive to Game and MS but seems that was incorrect. Oh well

You may have been right about the game itself see my edit, however not if the game came in the console box. :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Well i had been having severe freezes while watching TV through the HDMI pass through making TV unusable so i had given up and connected it up the old normal way, however last night i decided to try again so i took the HDMI lead out the back of the TV and connected it to the HDMI IN on the console and i can't believe it, it has now been working perfectly without any freezing so i am a very happy bunny and don't plan on unplugging anything for a while!

Also while playing Forza racing i needed to turn the volume up but the controller was out of reach, so i thought i would try 'Xbox Volume Up' and it worked, i had not tried that before and didn't even know the command.

nstokes 27-11-2013 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35649728)
I am really hoping they reduce the price of digital downloads as £55 is too much but that is cheaper than on the PS4 where they're are priced at £60 after Sony reduced them buy £3s.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

You may have been right about the game itself see my edit, however not if the game came in the console box. :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Well i had been having severe freezes while watching TV through the HDMI pass through making TV unusable so i had given up and connected it up the old normal way, however last night i decided to try again so i took the HDMI lead out the back of the TV and connected it to the HDMI IN on the console and i can't believe it, it has now been working perfectly without any freezing so i am a very happy bunny and don't plan on unplugging anything for a while!

Also while playing Forza racing i needed to turn the volume up but the controller was out of reach, so i thought i would try 'Xbox Volume Up' and it worked, i had not tried that before and didn't even know the command.

I agree about the DD prices.

Im not sure on the game now as i brought mine from Xbox store and doesnt mention it and the car packs are showing a price.

I have connected my TV back to my amp due to the refresj rate issue

MadGamer 27-11-2013 18:03

Anyone know of a way to get my Xbox One to control things like volume, as my TV isn't recognised during the setup. I have a Samsung ES8000

nstokes 27-11-2013 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35649900)
Anyone know of a way to get my Xbox One to control things like volume, as my TV isn't recognised during the setup. I have a Samsung ES8000

Have you tried to add it manually n the settings? Thats how i got it to control my AMP