Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   150M : Virgin Media Coming But When?? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704964)

jay152 01-06-2017 17:47

Virgin Media Coming But When??

Hi all it appears that a few new white virgin media boxes/cabinets have been popping up around the general area so it appears virgin media is on it's way I have been checking roadworks.org but nothing showing any ideas how I can find out when my street will be getting done?

I have registered with cable my street etc etc.

Anyone on here know where I can get answers it would be handy to know.

Thanks in advance

vm_tech 01-06-2017 18:09

Re: Virgin Media Coming But When??

The answer is when the work is completed. There are so many different things that need to be completed. Once it's finished I imagine the area will be targeted by sales people so you'll know pretty sharpish

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Even when ou think it's ready E.G. All cabinets built, powered up, local cables installed etc, there could be an issue with a trunk route miles from your estate, or a headend issue, so there is no way of telling

jay152 01-06-2017 18:28

That hasn't helped lol

My aim was to find out when works were planned type thing hoping someone on here in the know.

Sephiroth 01-06-2017 21:09

.. and neither do they know on the Virgin Media forum. Cards are played very close to chest by VM.

General Maximus 02-06-2017 17:32

so don't start another thread for the same question which nobody can answer

jay152 02-06-2017 18:05

Alright calm down bit highly strong aren't we.... your no general so don't let the title go to your head mate speak to people with a few more manners.

Mr K 02-06-2017 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay152 (Post 35901501)
Alright calm down bit highly strong aren't we.... your no general so don't let the title go to your head mate speak to people with a few more manners.

You'd probably be best just asking one of the workmen if they plan digging your way.... Pave the way with rich tea biscuit's to encourage them in your direction. VM won't know, they know diddly squat.

Sephiroth 02-06-2017 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35901498)
so don't start another thread for the same question which nobody can answer

Mon General has a valid point there. If weesteev didn't come up with the goods in your parallel thread, who is?

jay152 03-06-2017 07:53

It's the way people say things not what they say

General Maximus 03-06-2017 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay152 (Post 35901501)
your no general

Firstly it is "you're no general", "you are no general" or if you was actually going to speak english then "you are not a general"

Secondly, my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the north, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

jay152 03-06-2017 10:49

No come back to that it says everything I thought about you and proves my point perfectly, thanks for that have I simply couldn't have done a better job if I tried. Talk about falling on your own sword :)

Also for the grammar check "if you was actually going to speak English"... should be were my friend not was.

Let's leave it at that and move on

Sephiroth 03-06-2017 12:59

Mon General -you have let me down! Innit?

General Maximus 03-06-2017 15:06

that's nothing, I have just found out I have been commanding the wrong legion for the last 16 years. I always thought I was General to the Phoenix Legions but because I couldn't be bothered to type out my whole speech for jay I google'd it so I could copy and paste and it turns out I am General to the Felix Legions :erm:

MUD_Wizard 03-06-2017 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35901550)
that's nothing, I have just found out I have been commanding the wrong legion for the last 16 years. I always thought I was General to the Phoenix Legions but because I couldn't be bothered to type out my whole speech for jay I google'd it so I could copy and paste and it turns out I am General to the Felix Legions :erm:

I can imagine all those Roman soldiers look the same.

and it has been a while since you were on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i0u4jFmE78

Sephiroth 03-06-2017 22:02

Semper in excreto.