Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Are Steve McClaren's days numbered (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33611261)

Hom3r 27-03-2007 22:16

Are Steve McClaren's days numbered

UEFA aren't happy with him
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...257761,00.html

I reckon if we don't win on wednesday its bye bye.

He should have used Beckham.

gazzae 27-03-2007 22:22

Re: Are Steve McClaren's days numbered

I think it would be highly unlikely for England not to beat Andorra. If they only win 2 or 3 nil then I think he will get more stick.

As for sacking him who would replace him? Who would want the job?

Also UEFA has said they are happy with McClaren's media commitments.

punky 27-03-2007 22:27

I'd like to see El Tel get the job. He didn't do too badly last time, and only left to persue work commitments.

Mclaren's crap and I wish we never hired him, but I don't know if we can ditch him this soon...

Gareth 27-03-2007 22:30

They should get Sven back... after all, the FA are still paying his salary until he gets another job (which, incidentally, isn't much of an incentive for him to find another job, is it :rolleyes:)

ScArFaCe 27-03-2007 22:44

I Think The F.A Should Sack Him, He Cannot Manage At International Level!:td:
I Think We Should Already Be Considering Replacements Such As:Sven Goran Erikkson, Marcelo Lippi,Felipao (Portugals Manager:confused: ) And Claudio Ranieri?

lauzjp 28-03-2007 04:02

I can't bear to watch England lately. it's just too cringeworthy, embarrassing, and poor!

Bill C 28-03-2007 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauzjp (Post 34261980)
I can't bear to watch England lately. it's just too cringeworthy, embarrassing, and poor!

I could not have put it better :tu:

skyblueheroes 28-03-2007 07:10

England are poor but I do think that sometimes the public have too high expectations for this team.

Beckham should not have been dropped and he needs to have the balls to drop Lampard and move Gerrard to the middle.

Osem 28-03-2007 08:24

One of the main problems with the national side is the FA - I mean who actually thought McLaren was going to bring anything new to the table after Sven? He was part of everything that was wrong under Sven's leadership FGS! He has zero charisma and even less imagination and when he claims that England played well against Israel you have to wonder about his eyesight too.

As regards the team, Terry Butcher put it well this morning - England are a team of individuals rather than an individual team.

TheDaddy 28-03-2007 10:27

Could a 'hope so' option be added to the poll, as although I hope he gets the push I can't see it happening unless we fail to qualify, mainly due to his contract, its a false economy imo, his contract is worth up to 4 million, failure to qualify would cost the FA 100 million

Chris 28-03-2007 10:29

Moved to Sports

Nugget 28-03-2007 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 34262102)
Could a 'hope so' option be added to the poll, as although I hope he gets the push I can't see it happening unless we fail to qualify, mainly due to his contract, its a false economy imo, his contract is worth up to 4 million, failure to qualify would cost the FA 100 million

Point of order, but his contract has a clause stating that, if the FA were to sack hin, they'd have to pay a years salary (around 2.5 million). Hell of a lot of money but, on current form, probably worth it...

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Actually, thinking on, if we're still going with the poll asking whether Beckham should have played, it's academic because he was injured :shrug:

Osem 28-03-2007 13:30

Beckham is past his sell by date - you only have to look at the last World Cup to see that. He didn't perform nor did he motivate his team to perform.

Paul 28-03-2007 13:33

Hmm, the vote seems to be different to the thread title - bit silly that.

I don't like him and hope it goes soon before it's too late.

gazzae 28-03-2007 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 34262303)
Beckham is past his sell by date - you only have to look at the last World Cup to see that. He didn't perform nor did he motivate his team to perform.

One goal and two assists isn't bad.

I thought Beckham was one of the few England players who did perform.

Look at Lampard. 0 goals, 0 assists, 24 shots (the most shots by any player at the WC.)