Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : iZombie (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700381)

Tezcatlipoca 18-03-2015 23:44

iZombie

iZombie - official site

iZombie - Wikipedia

New series on Tuesday nights on The CW in the US. First episode was last night.

It's a loose adaptation of the comic-book of the same name, and was developed by Veronica Mars' Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright.

Rose McIver plays Olivia "Liv" Moore, an overachieving ER resident who reluctantly attends a party, only to wake up in a body bag and find herself the only survivor of a small-scale zombie outbreak.

Infected at the party, Liv becomes a form of zombie. Now pale and deathly, she is still capable of reasoned thought and able to live a relatively "normal" life, but only if she maintains an occasional diet of human brains.

Liv switches her residency to the morgue so as to have an easy supply of food, and finds that by eating the brains of dead people she is able to have visions of the moments leading to their death.

Cue crime procedural supernatural comedy-drama, with Liv working with a rookie homicide detective to solve a recent murder...

I watched the pilot tonight and really enjoyed it :)

alferret 19-03-2015 14:42

We watched it last night, found it funny and entertaining, think it's a keeper :cool:

Pierre 21-03-2015 21:08

Re: iZombie (The CW)

Sounds -mod edit-

Stephen 22-03-2015 12:26

Re: iZombie (The CW)

Please remember to mind your language.

Watched this the other day and did enjoy it. Will keep watching to see how it goes.

Paul 11-04-2015 17:36

Re: iZombie

So far ... average.

It's certainly not bad, but not compelling either.
Still, its entertaining atm, so I will keep with it for now.

Kymmy 11-04-2015 17:52

Fell asleep whilst watching #2...

But saying that I was never a walking dead fan either though I do like a decent zombie film

cimt 12-04-2015 01:09

I wouldn't compare this to The Walking Dead at all. For me this is a cop show which just so happens to have zombies as main characters. There's not much in the zombie genre that you could compare this to. The only other show I can think of is something that BBC 3 recently had on which I forgot the name of.

As a fan of Veronica Mars I think this is excellent.

Kymmy 12-04-2015 08:38

Title, main character is zombie related, anyone would think that they were desperate to jump on the zombie bandwagon. Without the zombie theme it's just another young adult tedious crime/comedy show and not a very good one at that.

Stephen 12-04-2015 12:27

Interesting idea but its execution is a bit flat.

Stephen 26-11-2015 16:06

Well now we are in to Season 2 I have changed my opinion and am really enjoying it now.

Makes a change to all the other Zombies shows out there.