Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704203)

OLD BOY 29-05-2017 18:34

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35900963)
So what is for you OB as one often gets a picture of confusement..

Sky Atlantic, Amazon......

denphone 29-05-2017 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35900967)

Well OB the wait could go on for a fair while yet.

Media Boy UK 29-05-2017 19:09

Two new channels added to Virgin Media Ireland (Just confirmed today).

Netfilx has appeared on Virgin Ireland Channels 300 and 999 (Viewers press Red to watch channel)

Also "PPV Channel 2" has appeared on Virgin Ireland Channel 862.

theone2k10 29-05-2017 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35900977)
Two new channels added to Virgin Media Ireland (Just confirmed today).

Netfilx has appeared on Virgin Ireland Channels 300 and 999 (Viewers press Red to watch channel)

Also "PPV Channel 2" has appeared on Virgin Ireland Channel 862.

PPV channel 2 itv box office?

Media Boy UK 29-05-2017 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35900985)
PPV channel 2 itv box office?

:shrug: You know as much as me.

Update PPV Channel 2 is on Virgin Ireland Channel 863 not the number listed before.

Information was found by MB HQ using Virgin Media Ireland web site and playing about with their TV Anywhere page.

Arthurgray50@blu 30-05-2017 00:05

It always makes me laugh that members are complaining about problems with VM and any new channels coming.

I know that Talking Pictures is coming in June. Its about time customers with VM spoke with there wallets. And stopped paying subs to VM.

VM is a second rate company whjo don't care aboiut brining channels for customers. And take customers for a ride.

I am always being stopped by sales reps in Hounslow and asking about joining VM. When saying we are with VM. They then asked if they could REDUCE our account. After checking, they stated that we could have a discount as we already had a cheap discount.. When we said we could go over to Sky, they said 'go on then' that's what l call good salesmanship.

Its about time that VM put customers first, and got rid of customers services abroad. Keep CS in the UK.

jj20x 30-05-2017 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35900928)
An Russian Channel called "Sovershenno Sekretno" has joined WorldBox.

The interesting thing about Worldbox is that it dumps the entire favourites list each time some trivial new stream is added. Very flawed.

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35901011)
Keep CS in the UK.

They should probably all be based in Hounslow with a beefed up sales team.

OLD BOY 30-05-2017 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35901011)
It always makes me laugh that members are complaining about problems with VM and any new channels coming.

I know that Talking Pictures is coming in June. Its about time customers with VM spoke with there wallets. And stopped paying subs to VM.

VM is a second rate company whjo don't care aboiut brining channels for customers. And take customers for a ride.

I am always being stopped by sales reps in Hounslow and asking about joining VM. When saying we are with VM. They then asked if they could REDUCE our account. After checking, they stated that we could have a discount as we already had a cheap discount.. When we said we could go over to Sky, they said 'go on then' that's what l call good salesmanship.

Its about time that VM put customers first, and got rid of customers services abroad. Keep CS in the UK.

Er, if you stopped paying the subs, you'd stop receiving the channels. Seems to be a bit of a flaw in your argument, Arthur.

If Virgin was that bad, you'd be with Sky for all your pay tv by now, wouldn't you?

theone2k10 30-05-2017 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35901023)
Er, if you stopped paying the subs, you'd stop receiving the channels. Seems to be a bit of a flaw in your argument, Arthur.

If Virgin was that bad, you'd be with Sky for all your pay tv by now, wouldn't you?

Agree with BIB as you know i had issues with VM rather than bleat on about it i voted with my feet and actually went ahead and cancelled everything and switched, if more people did this to companies instead of moaning on forums vm,sky etc probably do not read then companies will probably sit up and take notice.

passingbat 30-05-2017 14:04

Quote:

You have a Roku stick; why on earth do you need those on Tivo :confused:

Talking pictures is a new channel; celebrate it's arrival. The Big ones you want probably aint gonna happen in the near future. We have all the main channels except the currently unavailable few.

And it wasn't rocket science to realise 4K would be a good while down the line before it arrived on VM

Dave42 30-05-2017 14:50

Quote:

still dreaming I see don't hold ya breathe OB

denphone 30-05-2017 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35901070)
still dreaming I see don't hold ya breathe OB

You know OB as dreaming is his stock and trade when it comes to hoping for the impossible.;)

OLD BOY 30-05-2017 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35901063)
You have a Roku stick; why on earth do you need those on Tivo :confused:

Talking pictures is a new channel; celebrate it's arrival. The Big ones you want probably aint gonna happen in the near future. We have all the main channels except the currently unavailable few.

And it wasn't rocket science to realise 4K would be a good while down the line before it arrived on VM

Two reasons why I want Amazon and either Sky Atlantic or Now TV Entertainment Pass on Virgin. One is so that all the programmes I want to see are available through the V6 and the other is that the more the V6 is regarded as a comprehensive streaming box, the more attractive this will be to potential subscribers.

More subscribers = more money coming in = more money for new content = very satisfied OLD BOY.

Sorry, but I thought I had already explained this. Virgin will eventually sink if it doesn't keep ahead of (or at least keep up with) the game.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35901075)
You know OB as dreaming is his stock and trade when it comes to hoping for the impossible.;)

Den, old chap, no matter how old we get, it is always better to look forward rather than back! Hope is what keeps us all going.

Hope for the future, as Paul McCarney says, and he's about 10 years older than me! Play the video on You Tube! Well worth pondering! 😂

Dave42 30-05-2017 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35901078)
Two reasons why I want Amazon and either Sky Atlantic or Now TV Entertainment Pass on Virgin. One is so that all the programmes I want to see are available through the V6 and the other is that the more the V6 is regarded as a comprehensive streaming box, the more attractive this will be to potential subscribers.

More subscribers = more money coming in = more money for new content = very satisfied OLD BOY.

Sorry, but I thought I had already explained this. Virgin will eventually sink if it doesn't keep ahead of (or at least keep up with) the game.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Den, old chap, no matter how old we get, it is always better to look forward rather than back! Hope is what keeps us all going.

Hope for the future, as Paul McCarney says, and he's about 10 years older than me! Play the video on You Tube! Well worth pondering! ��

and want can VM do if sky wont let anyone have it OB please tell us nothing at all that's what SA will never ever come

OLD BOY 30-05-2017 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35901086)
and want can VM do if sky wont let anyone have it OB please tell us nothing at all that's what SA will never ever come

Dave, you are so incredibly negative for such a young chap! Nothing is impossible.

Sky have already admitted that things have moved on. The outcome of contractual negotiations between VM and Sky may yet surprise you.